Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking the LSAT this Saturday and I'm Still Falling Prey to Tempting (but wrong) ACs in RC Section

heathermerieheathermerie Free Trial Member

Unfortunately, I find myself frequently narrowing down RC answers to two choices, then picking the wrong one*. This is especially the case with MAIN POINT questions (although I have no problem identifying conclusions in LR stimuli).

While I know the common types of incorrect ACs (out of scope, too narrow, unsupported, etc.), that knowledge doesn't seem to be helping me, especially in a time crunch.

I've also come across seemingly conflicting information in my study materials* concerning main point questions: some say it has to encompass all the main points of the paragraphs (or else it's too narrow), while others say it should just focus on the main conclusion and any subsidiary conclusions shouldn't be mentioned (or else it's too broad). Which is correct?

It's hard to find the right answer when I'm unsure exactly what it needs to include (or exclude).

ANY help is greatly appreciated, especially that which I can apply within the next couple days (if possible).

Thank you!!!

Background:
* I tend to miss anywhere from 8-11 questions per section (YIKES!)
**(I've just been studying on my own with the help of some misc. prep books and free online materials [ya girl is broke], but need some additional help.)