Pencils/Sharpeners

law hopefullaw hopeful Member
in General 65 karma

I've read discussions regarding the best types of pencils and sharpeners to use... I've been using Papermate HB#2 and have had no issue with them!! Does it really matter? (and along with which type of sharpener to buy/use?)

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"law hopeful" said:
    I've read discussions regarding the best types of pencils and sharpeners to use... I've been using Papermate HB#2 and have had no issue with them!! Does it really matter? (and along with which type of sharpener to buy/use?)

It matters as much as you want it to, lol. So, no, it doesn't really matter.

• law hopefullaw hopeful Member
    65 karma

@"Alex Divine" Lol I didn't really give it much thought until I read some of the discussions... I didn't even know it was something to be worth discussed lol

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma

Lol, you're fine with whatever really. Unless you get used to Staedtler noricas and then try to go back, that is.

65 karma

@"Cant Get Right" haha may I ask why? :O :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"law hopeful" said:
    @"Alex Divine" Lol I didn't really give it much thought until I read some of the discussions... I didn't even know it was something to be worth discussed lol

Ohhhh.... It's worth it alright. Staedtler Noricas are great pencils! I like the black Wopex model that JY uses in his live videos. I feel like it lasts forever! Still, I don't think it is going to have any bearing on your score lmao

edited September 2017 65 karma

@"Alex Divine" hahaha I didn't think so either... unless I somehow don't have a pencil sharpener or run out of pencils/lose them!!! That might have a bearing on my score :wink: :smile:

27860 karma

@"law hopeful" said:
    @"Cant Get Right" haha may I ask why? :O :)

Absolutely, haha. It writes really dark for starts. Most other pencils look really weak and unsubstantial next to it. For being so used to reading ink, it's quite a nice attribute. The lead is also creamy and soft which lends to really smooth writing. Switching between it and like a Ticonderoga or something, you can really tell how scratchy the Ticon is. This causes a bit quicker dulling than a harder lead, but well worth the trade for my tastes. If I want to maintain a sharp point, I'll just have tons of them ready to go, lol.

65 karma

@"Cant Get Right" After that description of how well these pencils write, I am tempted to make a quick trip to Staples and stock up on them! Lol.

27860 karma

One of us! One of us!

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Don't give in!

The only important quality of a pencil is that it is dull. That way, you can bubble in answers faster. Marginal gains!

65 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Bought the pencils! and the special Staedtler pencil sharpener to go along with it.... ;)

65 karma

@AllezAllez21 Lol I went out and bought the pencils as my "study break!!!" :(