Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you watch all of the LR videos?

jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member

Hey guys,

I am almost finished with the CC, but I was just wondering how many of you actually watched all of the LR videos (ie. all the flaw question videos leading up to the problem sets). I have taken a course before that I didn't find to be helpful so I feel like watching 15 flaw videos aren't really helpful to me at this point since I have a pretty good understanding of watching just a few of the videos.

What have you guys done? Did you watch them only to become more familiar with how JY tackles a question or did you watch all of them? Or did you come back to them once you felt like you were still struggling with the problem sets?

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Yeah, I've watched all of the LR videos for each Q type. I've seen some of them twice even tbh when I have felt lost on how to approach certain questions so I go back.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:
    Hey guys,

I am almost finished with the CC, but I was just wondering how many of you actually watched all of the LR videos (ie. all the flaw question videos leading up to the problem sets). I have taken a course before that I didn't find to be helpful so I feel like watching 15 flaw videos aren't really helpful to me at this point since I have a pretty good understanding of watching just a few of the videos.

What have you guys done? Did you watch them only to become more familiar with how JY tackles a question or did you watch all of them? Or did you come back to them once you felt like you were still struggling with the problem sets?

I would highly recommend that you watch them all. When people say that they have a pretty good understanding of something on this test, chances are they overestimate their understanding, and always learn to do better. They don't take long, and I think it's worth it. I figure even if there's only one little tidbit of info I learn from those videos, that nets me a point, then it would all be worth it.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I started off only watching the ones I got wrong but some advice from @"Cant Get Right" suggested I watch all of them because it's not about how many you get right or wrong but thorough understanding. My knowledge of the subjects have definitely increased. Even watching the ones I got right reinforces why I chose the right AC and reminds me to do that again on future questions. Now if I thoroughly 120% understand a question and the steps I took to get there then I don't watch it. There was a 5 question set I encountered last night that was very simple to me and I thoroughly understood everything so I saved the 30 minutes it would take to watch and went on to the next step. That rarely happens though.

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

@TheMikey @"Alex Divine" @tringo335

Thanks guys! I have watched most of them, but I think I was just getting lazy near the end. The December test is nearing and I want to finish the CC asap, but watching them is clearly beneficial and will improve my understanding even more.