Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Student Question] Trainer & 7Sage?

inactiveinactive Alum Member
edited September 2017 in General 12637 karma

Hey guys, had a student email in asking how to best use the LSAT Trainer and 7Sage together. We don't have a guide on how to do that so I thought you guys could help out. Here's the email:

I just had a quick question. It might be a question that does not have an answer yet or it does have one. Before i signed up for the 7sage i read online and a lot of people stated the way your course is was similar and goes perfectly with the LSAT trainer book by Mike Kim. My main question is that do you have some sort of document or PDF that gives you the page number of the lesson a student would be currently on in the 7sage course to the LSAT trainer book? That way if a student like myself who cannot afford to pay for the ultimate package, can still have access to more questions via the LSAT trainer book. is there something of that sort? Just thought i would ask.

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

I may be wrong, but I don't think we can make something like that because two curricula are different.....(I have done LSAT Trainer)

That way if a student like myself who cannot afford to pay for the ultimate package, can still have access to more questions via the LSAT trainer book.

I think Starter package has more questions (Problem Sets) than LSAT Trainer.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2017 23929 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Hey guys, had a student email in asking how to best use the LSAT Trainer and 7Sage together. We don't have a guide on how to do that so I thought you guys could help out. Here's the email:

I just had a quick question. It might be a question that does not have an answer yet or it does have one. Before i signed up for the 7sage i read online and a lot of people stated the way your course is was similar and goes perfectly with the LSAT trainer book by Mike Kim. My main question is that do you have some sort of document or PDF that gives you the page number of the lesson a student would be currently on in the 7sage course to the LSAT trainer book? That way if a student like myself who cannot afford to pay for the ultimate package, can still have access to more questions via the LSAT trainer book. is there something of that sort? Just thought i would ask.

Like @akistotle stated, there's no real practical way to do that. Mike Kim breaks the book down into larger sections where you are working on multiple skills/question types at once. 7Sage's approach is more traditional in that it teaches section by section, and question type by question type.

For what it's worth, I don't think the Trainer is much like the 7Sage course at all. I like the Trainer, but it lacks a strong conditional logic/formal logic foundation, which I think is a big weakness of the Trainer, along with its dearth of logic games material. It also just doesn't come near to the amount of information and prep materials 7Sage course includes.