Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bubbling mistake (cancel?)

edited September 2017 in General 114 karma

Hi all,

As I was about to hand in my score sheet today, I realized that I only bubbled in 25 questions for my last LR section (which had 26 questions). During that section, I skipped 14 and came back to it to fill it in, so I know that 1-14 are okay. I have no sense of where I made the mistake from 15-26. If it was just the last page (2 questions) or last 2 pages (5 questions), I would not cancel my score because I thought the rest of the test went well. I also have my heart set on applying this cycle.

I never make bubbling mistakes during PTs in part because I check that my bubbles line up with the questions. I simply can not remember, though, if I lined up any answer post-14 with the appropriate bubble.

I would appreciate any advice people may have. For instance, if I do poorly and take again in December, will schools consider an addendum that explains I made a bubbling error?

Thank you.

Comments

• NorthernAtticusNorthernAtticus Alum Member
    79 karma

Wait for the scores to be released, and then ask for the test to be handscored. If it's obvious where the error was made (you missed one and everything was shifted up by one) sometimes the handscorers will correct for that, apparently.

• How obvious does this have to be? Any further clarity and/or advice would be appreciated.

• Got a firm answer from LSAC that they can realign my bubbled answers to the appropriate question. I just have to tell them the specific question from which they should grade all the bubbled answers as if it were the answer to the next question.

I'm not sure if I've seen this on any other thread in 7Sage and it's worth knowing!