Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

**Unique Prep Habits**

shureidoshureido Free Trial Member
edited July 2013 in General 4 karma
Hello all!

Just out of curiosity, can you guys/gals list a few of your prep habits/exercises that you do or have picked up from someone else (other than preptests, timed preptests, the obvious, etc) that you feel are effective? Example: reading The Economist to stimulate comprehension skills, waking up every Saturday and taking a test at the time you are scheduled to take the LSAT, etc. Thanks and Good Luck!

Comments

• dan.dongsungdan.dongsung Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    I would be curious as well to see what other 7Sage members have in mind; as for me, exercise is an obvious but helpful habit in keeping me mentally balanced- I don't do much heavy lifting but do some Core-strengthening exercises that also help in recreational tennis 1-2x/week; in regards to reading comprehension, I would suggest the NYT (especially their Op-Ed pieces) over the Economist (that is just my preference; naturally the Economist seem to be more statistics oriented journalism); moreover, I also regularly read Time magazine as well, and one can see the clear distinction in the more concise, to the point (albeit the myriad infographics) style of writing in Time, as opposed to the more drawn out (but still very well articulated) NYT articles; lastly, in respect to my Saturdays, I really try to keep that my only day of the week study-free. but of course it is circumstantial and if I am behind schedule, the Saturday gives me the "extra time" to catch up, although again, I only do it if I have to- but since the LSAT is on a Sat (morning for that matter), I will have to change my off-day to perhaps a Sunday. hope that helps
  • James DeanJames Dean Free Trial Member
    edited July 2013 297 karma
    Exercise regularly. Eat a clean and healthy diet. Have a consistent and adequate sleep schedule.