Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 Sage Prep success stories/personal experience vs other prep courses

Pearson_Specter_LittPearson_Specter_Litt Live Member
edited November 2019 in General 85 karma

Hi, I just wanted to know everyones experience with 7 sage and possibly how much your score improved. Also how long did you study using 7sage? I recently signed up for 7 sage and I just wanted to get people's feedback. I am also thinking of possibly doing powerscore classes in person but for right now I am just going to focus on 7sage i think. I am thinking of taking the LSAT next summer, give myself probably 5 to 6 months of studying. Also if you want to throw in any valuable study tips please do! Thank you!

Comments

• MorbidlyObeseCheetahsMorbidlyObeseCheetahs Alum Member
    50 karma

Baseline score is +10 in 3 months. Has been very useful.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2019 13286 karma

Started at low 150's/high 140's ended at a 171 after a year and a half or so.

The first part of my studying wasn't 7Sage but the majority of my progress was due to them!

• Pearson_Specter_LittPearson_Specter_Litt Live Member
    85 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

The first part of my studying wasn't 7Sage but the majority of my progress was due to them!

Thanks for the feedback! Do you mind and ask what helped you out the most in that year of studying? Any specific study aid or just anything special you recommend me to do? Thank you again.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

There's a good AMA with @LSATcantwin on the 7Sage podcast.

• Pearson_Specter_LittPearson_Specter_Litt Live Member
    85 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    There's a good AMA with @LSATcantwin on the 7Sage podcast.

Thank you!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2019 13286 karma

@salsandoval52 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

Thanks for the feedback! Do you mind and ask what helped you out the most in that year of studying? Any specific study aid or just anything special you recommend me to do? Thank you again.

Hey! I think some of the big things that helped along the way were taking breaks, exposure, and using the discussion board on the website. 7Sage giving you access to all the tests is HUGE as well. I took every PT and then some haha.

Just don't kill yourself - burnout is real!

• 776 karma

To be honest - I think being successful in using any prep materials is dependent on a few things:

1) A true understanding of the exam: many students dont really understand the different components needed for doing well on this exam. also, a lot of students are over zealous in the beginning due to their lack of understanding of the exam. it is a standardized exam - that means there exist patterns in all the sections - the better you find them = the better the success

2) how do you extract all that you can from a wrong question that you did.... very important and probably the most underrated aspect for many test takers

3) being realistic and critical of your study skills and habits: a large part of this exam is habit building. to make and develop good habits takes a shit load of time....

just my 2 cents

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    edited November 2019 703 karma

By the end of 8 months, I was -1/-0 automatic on LG largely thanks to doing them myself (learning along the way with 7sage videos) and then just watching every single 7sage explanation.

• emmmmmmm-1emmmmmmm-1 Alum Member
    69 karma

The holy trinity of my LSAT improvement has been: 7sage, The Loophole by Ellen Cassidy & rest.

Diagnostic was 153 and I scored my first 168 within 4 tests. What is important is that you truly interact with the study material not just PT/review, PT/review, etc. - do the practice/drills/extra questions that each resource suggests. Make sure you are living a balanced life so you do not burn out.