Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Help!

So I'm signing up for 7sage today. It seems like this program is great for LR and LG, but I am really struggling with RC for some reason. I took the Sept. 2017 test and really seemed to have a tough time (to be fair, that judges passage was impossible!).

I self studied with a book (cant remember what brand) that covered all three sections- it was one of the highest rated on Amazon (definitely not a Kaplan one), and then I also purchased the Powerscore LR and LG bibles. I also purchased the newest collection of LSAT exams. I took my first PT shortly after I began studying, and did pretty well on the RC section (I think it was -5). Unfortunately, my RC score has continued to decrease each time I take a PT.

I know that the RC sections have become increasingly difficult over the past few years, but I can't justify that to be the sole factor for my decrease. (My last PT before the LSAT was around -13, but I was exhausted and burnt out so that definitely did not help.) I noticed that I did not make any marks/notes in my first RC PT, and now I cannot stop myself from taking notes in the RC section...

Anyway to stop a long post from getting even longer, I was wondering if anyone could tell me about 7Sage's approach to RC. I feel pretty comfortable with LG and know I am decent at LR (but there's definitely room to improve). I have never had issues with RC in school, so I am feeling pretty discouraged. I scored a 157 on my first PT, and went down to a 151 right before the LSAT last week (I took 7 PTs in total). My LG has increased substantially, and my LR has slightly increased, so this huge decrease has come solely from RC.

I am hoping to score in the 160s in December. I would be thrilled with anything160 or above. Thank you in advanced for your responses!

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

7Sage's approach is Memory Method + Low-res/High-res summaries.

This is a post on Memory Method:
    https://7sage.com/lsat-reading-comprehension-the-memory-method/

J.Y. (the instructor) posted new lessons on Low-res/High-res summaries in July, which are fantastic. I think 7Sage is a great course for RC as well.

That being said, I think you first should work on maximizing your LG & LR scores. I understand that RC is your weakness, but if you want to score a 160, you can miss around 25 questions. So even if you miss -13 on RC, if you go -0 on LG (this is totally possible with 7Sage's foolproofing) and -6 on each LR section, you can score above 160. In my opinion, making improvements in RC is the hardest, so I think you first should focus on LG & LR first.

• TinaTheLlamaTinaTheLlama Member
    91 karma

@akriegler
    I've been facing the same pattern. In my early practice tests RC was my best section. I was finishing all the passages and getting section scores 18-23. That's steadily gone down. I also have been trying to notate more than I did in the beginning. I took a PT this morning and only scored 14 in my RC section (seriously feeling dumb - like maybe I should study another a year), but just two days ago I did an untimed RC section and scored 25/28 in 39 minutes. I have two months until the Dec. LSAT. I'm thinking to take a couple weeks break from PTs, drill LG and LR and read journal articles and see if the break does any good. Not sure though. I have about 20 PTs left and only 8 weeks to Dec.