Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conditional reasoning

doumkeliadoumkelia Free Trial Member

Am I the only one that feels like reading about conditional reasoning messes up my head .. feel like just skipping this chapter ? feel like I'm more able to solve a question without diagramming as the conditional reasoning showed me how to

Comments

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

I wouldn't skip any chapter. Even if you won't "use" what is taught, I wouldn't skip. But that's me.

Namaste.

• Mo ZubairMo Zubair Alum Member
    391 karma

Its true some people are naturally good at understanding conditional logic. Bur going over conditional logic is curriculum is still very useful because you get to learn this with LSAT strategies in background. Thus, go over Conditional Logic even if you do it rather quickly.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@doumkelia said:
    Am I the only one that feels like reading about conditional reasoning messes up my head .. feel like just skipping this chapter ? feel like I'm more able to solve a question without diagramming as the conditional reasoning showed me how to

Don't make this mistake. While I felt that way too, it will only get you so far. Understanding the logic that makes up this test is instrumental for getting the hard questions right and even many of the ones you can get now, you'll get more efficient and confident at if you learn the lawgic.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27885 karma

You have to master the abstraction before you can correctly internalize it and use intuition successfully. The goal is to not need to use it, but there's a lot of work to do before that happens.