Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Approach on Must be false.

Hello good afternoon everyone,
I had a question on how are you suppose to approach Must be false question. I didn't see any lesson while looking through the core curriculum that specifically address this question type.

Sincerely,
Shawn

Comments

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Do you mean for Logical Reasoning?

• MsM1998_MsM1998_ Alum Member
    edited September 2017 117 karma

Eliminate the answer choices by considering what could be true. For example, if the answer choice talks about something that isn't really mentioned in the stimulus, then you cannot say (because you don't know enough) that it must be false. In this case, such an answer choice could be true. The correct answer choice in must be false questions is one that conflicts/opposes what was mentioned in the stimulus. I consider the stimulus as fact, and then look through the answer choices to see what must be false if the stimulus is 100% true. Idk if that's clear enough, but that's how I approach it.

• Yeah uhinberg I was talking about the logical reasoning section.

• Thank you very much MrYC1995.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

It's a very rare type of question, but yes, if your are doing process of elimination, you want to eliminate all answer choices that must be true or could be true.

• Thank you for the help uhinberg.