Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What does the blind review score show?

justrandomjustrandom Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 343 karma
Hey everyone! I just started using the blind review method and it has been really helpful in helping me see where my mistake in reasoning was. With that said, I wanted to know what the blind score shows? Is it simply what would we have gotten if we selected the new answer choices originally or is it showing the potential range we can be scoring in? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    The BR process has multiple uses.... first of all, it is an accurate picture of what you can do when you are not under pressure... so for example... you get something right in 4 minutes that you got wrong in 2 minutes in the test... BR basically shows that your logic is correct... and you need to focus on getting proficient with your logic so as to get what you are getting correct in time... Also... if after BR, you get something wrong.... it shows you the fault in your logic... which you can then promptly correct... thirdly... it solidifies your reasoning by getting your to articulate your thought process... which creates a road map in your head for future reference on tough problems.
  • cmb_1992cmb_1992 Alum Member
    edited September 2014 48 karma
    It's sort of what you described. What it does is allow you to answer questions you didn't get to or answer questions that you were not completely sure on without the pressure of time. This allows you to see where you are at currently, but also allows you to slow down the process and reason through the questions, with the hope that you'll internalize the reasoning and be able to become quicker. Blind review score shows that you can get that many more answers right, but that it is your speed and familiarity with the test that will continue to need work to increase your non-blind review score.
  • roseliferoselife Alum Member
    3 karma
    Good discussions! Thanks for all the information.
  • justrandomjustrandom Alum Member
    343 karma
    Okay! Makes sense. Thank you so much!
  • mjjohns6mjjohns6 Member
    418 karma
    It also manipulates your mind so that next time that you see a similar question stem with those answer choices it'll make it easier for you to narrow down the correct answer choice.
  • justrandomjustrandom Alum Member
    343 karma
    Makes sense! Thanks :)