Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Manhattan Prep LR

nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
in General 458 karma

Can anyone recommend the Manhattan Prep LR for supplementary material? I've been through the CC already and I am wondering if the Manhattan Prep LR will complement/reinforce what was taught in the CC. Also factoring in that I am signed up for the December test giving me about 8 weeks till then. I am in the PT phase and I just want to gauge what you all think about this and if it is even worth it at this point. Thanks!

Comments

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

I learned from Manhattan Prep LR as my base (not as my supplementary material); they give you step by step plans for how to approach each question.

I am using Powerscore LR Bible as my supplementary material and it's great. Especially since I have a foundation for LR and I can absorb its lessons better and it's not overwhelming.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

@nicholasthomas127 said:
    Can anyone recommend the Manhattan Prep LR for supplementary material? I've been through the CC already and I am wondering if the Manhattan Prep LR will complement/reinforce what was taught in the CC. Also factoring in that I am signed up for the December test giving me about 8 weeks till then. I am in the PT phase and I just want to gauge what you all think about this and if it is even worth it at this point. Thanks!

If you've gone through 7Sage, then I would absolutely recommend MLSAT's LR books as supplementary material. I personally think that it's the best LR book on the market. I think it takes a way more high level approach then, say, Powerscore.