Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT and Drilling Schedule-Help Wanted

JerryClarke242JerryClarke242 Alum Member
in General 602 karma

Hello everyone,

So I should be finished the CC by next Tuesday. After that I was going to drill all of the LR and LG as a refresher before I took my first PT. Is anyone willing to help me make a schedule so that I drill and PT effectively for the December LSAT? I am hoping to at least PT 4 times before the actual test, and I'm focused more on quality PT'ing over quantity.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    edited October 2017 3279 karma

@JayClarke242 , before you come up with a schedule I think you should take a PT. This will give you an opportunity to see where your strengths and weaknesses post-CC are. Then you can come back with that information, and the community can help give suggestions on what you should focus on.

• JerryClarke242JerryClarke242 Alum Member
    602 karma

@10000019 Alright, thank you so much.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@JayClarke242 said:
    Hello everyone,

So I should be finished the CC by next Tuesday. After that I was going to drill all of the LR and LG as a refresher before I took my first PT. Is anyone willing to help me make a schedule so that I drill and PT effectively for the December LSAT? I am hoping to at least PT 4 times before the actual test, and I'm focused more on quality PT'ing over quantity.

There's not a lot of utility in trying to rigidly schedule PTs. When you finish the CC, take PT36 and see where you're at currently. Chance are that first test will likely uncover tons of places where you need to return to the CC to review and take time to drill weaknesses.

After each PT you will likely need to take an indeterminate amount of time to review and drill weaknesses.

I would also STRONGLY advice you to aim to take more than 4 PTs before you sit for the exam. I am always a fan of the quality over quantity argument, but when it comes to the LSAT, 4 tests really won't provide you with either. I would suggest taking at least 15-20 PTs. If you don't think you'll have enough time to do this before December, you may want to look into postponing and planning on taking at a later date.

edited October 2017 602 karma

@"Alex Divine"
    Sounds like really good advice, but I just never understood the point of postponing if you're already registered, especially now that we can take it as many times as we want. Plus the chances of getting even a partial refund seem relatively small. Therefore, wouldn't it be more beneficial to just take it for the experience and then just cancel my score if I feel bad about the test? I mean its basically an "Abort Mission" button, which I would be more than happy to push if I end up getting wrecked, haha.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@JayClarke242 said:
    @"Alex Divine"
    Sounds like really good advice, but I just never understood the point of postponing if you're already registered, especially now that we can take it as many times as we want. Plus the chances of getting even a partial refund seem relatively small. Therefore, wouldn't it be more beneficial to just take it for the experience and then just cancel my score if I feel bad about the test? I mean its basically an "Abort Mission" button, which I would be more than happy to push if I end up getting wrecked, haha.

I guess there's an arguments to be made that now that there are unlimited takes that lower takes might not harm you as much when it comes to admissions. I'm not sure if that's the case. Either way, there are many reasons to postpone if you're not ready. The cost of the LSAT is so small relative to its importance that worrying about a refund becomes unimportant.

But no, I wouldn't agree that it is beneficial to take it before you're ready. If you haven't ever hit your target score, there is really no point/advantage I see in taking the test. Having unlimited takes doesn't mean you want to have a score that doesn't represent your potential on your record. You also risk wasting a modern test that really would have been more helpful if you had taken it when you're properly prepared.

My contention has always been that if you want the experience, just go to a public library, put the 7sage proctor on in your headphones, and take a recent PT.

602 karma

I understand. Thanks man. I'll see if I hit my target score when I PT next Saturday. If I don't, then I'll probably postpone.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@JayClarke242 said:
    I understand. Thanks man. I'll see if I hit my target score when I PT next Saturday. If I don't, then I'll probably postpone.

You don't have to decide right now. Maybe wait until the middle or November to decide if you need to postpone. There's always a chance that you may very well hit your goal within the next month.

Good luck!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@JayClarke242 said:

You don't have to decide right now. Maybe wait until the middle or November to decide if you need to postpone. There's always a chance that you may very well hit your goal within the next month.

Good luck!

You can withdraw from the test until the night before the test! You really don't have to decide now. You have roughly two months.

602 karma

@akistotle I am aware of that, but in my case, I only have until one of my relatives purchases a plane ticket for me. If I cancel after the ticket is purchased, I might have to show up on test day just to make my fam think I took the test. I really don't want to be that guy.