Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fool proofing LG pt 1~35 and drilling LR+RC

BumblebeeBumblebee Legacy Member
in Logic Games 640 karma

Hey 7sagers!
Im wondering how I could balance the time spent on LG fool proofing and working on other sections. I seem to be unable to juggle all sections together so Im currently neglecting LR and RC while focusing on foolproofing LG. It takes so much of my brain energy to work on LG alone and now im concerned about LR and RC.

Im so amazed by all who have done and are currently foolproofing LG! It takes so much grit and endurance.

Could you offer me advice on balancing the sections? Thank you 7sage!!

Comments

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

    @LSATlife said:
    Hey 7sagers!
    Im wondering how I could balance the time spent on LG fool proofing and working on other sections. I seem to be unable to juggle all sections together so Im currently neglecting LR and RC while focusing on foolproofing LG. It takes so much of my brain energy to work on LG alone and now im concerned about LR and RC.

    Im so amazed by all who have done and are currently foolproofing LG! It takes so much grit and endurance.

    Could you offer me advice on balancing the sections? Thank you 7sage!!

    Hey LSATlife,

    So what I did while beginning to fool proofing the games is to make it a goal to do 1PT of games a day. This way I was consistently working on fool proofing games and left myself with time to drill LR and RC. I would drill a section of LR, RC, and LG per day. This way I was practicing my skills for each section everyday.

  • BumblebeeBumblebee Legacy Member
    640 karma

    @"Alex Divine"
    Thank you!!
    Did you choose a new PT to foolproof each day? So the number of games to foolproof would pile up each day, leading me to do 4 new games plus 4 games from the previous day (and the games I still need to foolproof from the past).

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

    @LSATlife said:
    @"Alex Divine"
    Thank you!!
    Did you choose a new PT to foolproof each day? So the number of games to foolproof would pile up each day, leading me to do 4 new games plus 4 games from the previous day (and the games I still need to foolproof from the past).

    Yup! That's exactly what I did. I would start each study session off by fool proofing yesterday's games and the continue on with whatever PT I had next in the pipeline.

  • BumblebeeBumblebee Legacy Member
    640 karma

    @"Alex Divine"

    Awesome! Thank you for the prompt and helpful response :)

  • TheDeterminedCTheDeterminedC Alum Member
    edited October 2017 1015 karma

    That method for LG is fantastic! You'll start to see a slow progression towards getting faster and also more accurate at games.

    As for LR, I would focus on this heavy. Considering LR is half the test, make sure that LR has your priority until your RC (exclusive or) LG average is above the total of both your LRs combined. I did this method (142 diagnostic) and now I am getting ~0 LG and ~3 on LR. Focusing on RC intensively after will bring everything together! Plus, focusing on LR with help with RC when it comes to answer choice language and/or some of the question stems.

    Having two sections to focus on is not too much. But, spreading time on all three when first starting will lose a bit of the intimacy that is required for each section.

    Study hard--you got this!!!

  • H.al1997H.al1997 Alum Member
    edited May 2018 318 karma

    Hey everyone I need some advice on how to Fool Proof LR, I know it is for LG but I really want to improve on this section. Also should I fool proof LR and LG at the same time? I want to forsure fool proof before I start taking any PT's @LSATlife @TheDeterminedC @Alex
    Thanks!

  • BumblebeeBumblebee Legacy Member
    edited May 2018 640 karma

    @H_al1411 said:
    Hey everyone I need some advice on how to Fool Proof LR, I know it is for LG but I really want to improve on this section. Also should I fool proof LR and LG at the same time? I want to forsure fool proof before I start taking any PT's @LSATlife @TheDeterminedC @Alex
    Thanks!

    Hi!
    I'm unsure how foolproofing LR would look like. I do recommend going back to certain LR questions that you had trouble with. Make sure to identify some "takeaways" from each LR question and reflect on how you could efficiently apply what you learned in a specific question to future LR questions. The process of identifying takeaways would take place during Blind Review. After some time has passed, it might helpful to return to a fresh copy of the LR question and test yourself to see whether you are able to extract the "takeaways" on the second or third time seeing that question.

    Games are great to foolproof because of their more easily recognizable patterns and relatively limited scope of deductions you can make (what can be in the same group, what cannot; what can be adjacent to what etc). LR questions have patterns as well, but they are not as easily recognizable due to the vast artistry of the English language.

    To identify patterns in LR, it's helpful to know how to recognize and eliminate common trap answer choices. In a nutshell, I think identifying trap choices from the correct answer choice requires us to isolate what info is relevant to the argument from irrelevant info that seems tempting because it contains similar subject matter. There are recognizable patterns of "irrelevance" in trap answer choices that LSAT seems to bring up repeatedly. There are patterns in the stimulus as well, both in the types of arguments and subject matter (i.e. "correlation-causation"; "recent study indicates..."; "cholesterol, high blood pressure"). Some really helpful 7sagers have posted "Cookie Cutter Reviews" underneath J.Y.'s explanations for LR questions in many PT's available in the course syllabus.

    Getting exposed to many, many LR questions and diligently analyzing them during BR will help you to get familiar with trap answer choice patterns and recurring types of arguments and subject matter. On the LSAT, such built-up familiarity --or familiarity of any kind--will boost your confidence, speed, and accuracy during the exam.

    That being said, I think it's okay to "foolproof" LR stimulus that uses heavy conditional logic (MBT Sufficient Assumption Necessary Assumption). Practice getting fast at connecting ideas and finding the missing links.

    I hope these suggestions help a little!

  • H.al1997H.al1997 Alum Member
    318 karma

    @LSATlife Thank you so much it does!

Sign In or Register to comment.