Is today Grey day?? [YES!]

charles27charles27 Alum Member
edited October 2017 in General 136 karma

Anyone’s marker turn grey yet?

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

everyone will go gray at the same time, but no it isn't gray day as of right now

it's pretty gray and ugly out in NYC today though, so maybe that's a sign

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Ay Yi Yi - I will forever hate the word grey. If today is the day it most likely won't happen until around 4:30pm EST. I suggest keeping yourself busy, you will know when it happens. There is also a chance still that today isn't grey day and that they release the scores tomorrow. Try and keep yourself distracted!

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

@TheMikey said:
    everyone will go gray at the same time, but no it isn't gray day as of right now

Lol! Same Here!!

edited October 2017 4196 karma

@sillllyxo said:

@TheMikey said:

Lol! Same Here!!

so it's settled, today has to be the day, right?!?!?

THE LSAT GODS HAVE SPOKEN!!

• StellaBlueStellaBlue Alum Member
    185 karma

I have been cool and collected for the past month until about half an hour ago and now I can't think about anything else. Good luck friends!

• Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member
    224 karma

@StellaBlue said:
    I have been cool and collected for the past month until about half an hour ago and now I can't think about anything else. Good luck friends!

SAME!!

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

I'm so happy i'm at my internship today! I work for a Senator who has six month old twins that are like the worlds happiest babies. So instead of constantly refreshing, I'm playing in a ball pit with tiny babies. Seriously, these babies don't even cry.

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

Someone please correct me, but I always assumed that we would turn grey earlier in the day when the day comes because it takes them the day to distribute scores to everyone. Isn't that what happened in June? Or am I literally just making things up?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Victoria14 said:
    I'm so happy i'm at my internship today! I work for a Senator who has six month old twins that are like the worlds happiest babies. So instead of constantly refreshing, I'm playing in a ball pit with tiny babies. Seriously, these babies don't even cry.

That job sounds awesome! :)

776 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Victoria14 said:

That job sounds awesome! :)

I normally am running around like a chicken, particularly because we are in committee meetings at the moment but they figured out I keep the babies happy. So my job has been reduced down to baby management and handling the influx of lobbyists. It's fun, I love it.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

@Sarah889 The icons have turned grey at about 4:30 eastern every time for the last ~10 releases. Occasionally, it's a bit later than that. Basically, 4 to 6:30 is the sweet spot for grey.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@Sarah889 said:
    Someone please correct me, but I always assumed that we would turn grey earlier in the day when the day comes because it takes them the day to distribute scores to everyone. Isn't that what happened in June? Or am I literally just making things up?

In June grey hit around 4:45 pm if I remember right. Definitely no earlier than 3pm. It's usually late afternoon

877 karma

@AllezAllez21 @tylerdschreur10 Oh man...thanks for clearing that up. I definitely had no idea. And we will receive an email when we turn grey or do we have to find out via logging into LSAC? Basically what I want to know is should I be refreshing my email or my LSAC account? Haha...

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@Sarah889 said:
    @AllezAllez21 @tylerdschreur10 Oh man...thanks for clearing that up. I definitely had no idea. And we will receive an email when we turn grey or do we have to find out via logging into LSAC? Basically what I want to know is should I be refreshing my email or my LSAC account? Haha...

It's my first time too but I think we will receive an email with our score automatically. It will turn grey on LSAC account but I just don't want to find that out by refreshing constantly. I already feel horrible and I don't want to exacberate this by constantly refreshing a page.

877 karma

@Sami Same...this one conversation has done enough to elevate my stress level 50x. Ignorance was so much better :neutral:

13286 karma

@Sami @Sarah889 Once the icons go grey on the LSAC website that is an indication that the scores will be sent out. Your score can come right away or HOURS later...the grey is only there to tell you they are on the way. The E-mail is the real stomach turner...

4196 karma

@Sami said:

@Sarah889 said:

It's my first time too but I think we will receive an email with our score automatically. It will turn grey on LSAC account but I just don't want to find that out by refreshing constantly. I already feel horrible and I don't want to exacberate this by constantly refreshing a page.

when you get your score by email depends. it can come seconds after you see it on LSAC or some time way after. the 2 times I have taken I got the email immediately and then the other time I got it maybe 5 mins later. I remember there being someone who waited half an hour for the email after getting their score though

edited October 2017 10774 karma

@Sarah889 said:
    @Sami Same...this one conversation has done enough to elevate my stress level 50x. Ignorance was so much better :neutral:

I agree with you. I have barely been able to get anything done all day. If I start refreshing the page, I think I would make this worse. :(

@LSATcantwin said:
    @Sami @Sarah889 Once the icons go grey on the LSAC website that is an indication that the scores will be sent out. Your score can come right away or HOURS later...the grey is only there to tell you they are on the way. The E-mail is the real stomach turner...

I have heard there is no grace period with the email. Your score is right there as soon as you open the email. No easing into it. lol I guess LSAT isn't for the faint heart. :joy:

@TheMikey said:

@Sami said:

@Sarah889 said:

when you get your score by email depends. it can come seconds after you see it on LSAC or some time way after. the 2 times I have taken I got the email immediately and then the other time I got it maybe 5 mins later. I remember there being someone who waited half an hour for the email after getting their score though

I have heard it can take a couple of hours as well :(

I guess half an hour more before we find out if its grey day today :(

4196 karma

@Sami said:

well once it's like 7pm ET I think we can give up for the day haha

I have a really good feeling it's today though!

10774 karma

@TheMikey said:

@Sami said:

I just have a bad feeling overall. lol :joy:

4196 karma

@Sami said:

@TheMikey said:

@Sami said:

haha true. I think I completely bombed RC but did decent on the other sections... and there has been 1 LR question that has bugged me this whole time and will be the first thing I check after seeing my score lol

• Maddie D.Maddie D. Alum Member
    325 karma

@Sami said:

Saaaame. I want to just get this over with :cold_sweat:

776 karma

I feel panic in my soul, this is my second time doing this and i'm genuinely panicking

13286 karma

@Victoria14 @"Maddie Distasio" @TheMikey @Sami hey but I couldn't ask to be suffering with a better group of people though!! 7Sager's rock!

10774 karma

@Victoria14 said:
    I feel panic in my soul, this is my second time doing this and i'm genuinely panicking

I feel the same panic :(. Hang in there <3.

@"Maddie Distasio" said:

@Sami said:

Saaaame. I want to just get this over with :cold_sweat:

I rather just not even have to deal with this till after I take December test :(

@TheMikey said:

@Sami said:

@TheMikey said:

@Sami said:

haha true. I think I completely bombed RC but did decent on the other sections... and there has been 1 LR question that has bugged me this whole time and will be the first thing I check after seeing my score lol

I think what I am going to do is go and have a drink after I get my score. lol

edited October 2017 10774 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    @Victoria14 @"Maddie Distasio" @TheMikey @Sami hey but I couldn't ask to be suffering with a better group of people though!! 7Sager's rock!

Haha same <3. Besides what can we possibly have to worry about when we have Darth Vader on our side? ; )

4196 karma

@Sami said:

I think we just became best friends

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Anyone know if lsac releases scores after they close for the day??

edited October 2017 4196 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:

they usually release them between a little after 4pm and a bit before 7pm ET

I think they close like what, 5pm? so yeah

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

I checked and they close at 445 on weekdays

10774 karma

@TheMikey said:

@Sami said:

I think we just became best friends

<3 I am glad we have our priorities straight. :joy:

776 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

Awww, we all bond in our suffering. If I'm not retaking, then I'm going to miss you guys!

776 karma

They have before!

325 karma

@Victoria14 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

Awww, we all bond in our suffering. If I'm not retaking, then I'm going to miss you guys!

Same here! LBR I'll probably still lurk even if I don't retake :joy: :heart:

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    edited October 2017 1084 karma

Yeah I definitely started freaking out today too. Was fine up till now. Now I just want to get it over with :(

• mcneeleytmcneeleyt Member
    64 karma

I checked and they close at 445 on weekdays

they're open until 8pm EST thru the fall/winter months

325 karma

I'm more nervous now than I was the morning of the test lolol

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

Silly question but on my LSAC it says we should be expecting the score tomorrow. Does LSAT typically release the day before?

edited October 2017 13286 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    Silly question but on my LSAC it says we should be expecting the score tomorrow. Does LSAT typically release the day before?

Yes, it's almost always early. It seems the "in crowd" (powerscore) thinks it will be on the 12th because of the hurricanes though

891 karma

mehhh. I don't know how I'm going to do tomorrow if we don't get this in today. I'm so nervous and I hate waiting.

• jzzravenjzzraven Alum Member
    140 karma

YES

• johanna586johanna586 Alum Member
    202 karma

It's grey!

4196 karma

GRAYYYYYYYY

• eewebbeewebb Free Trial Member
    25 karma

YES!

891 karma

Oh god oh god. Still at work and not checking till I'm home. WTF WTFFFF

4196 karma

my heart is racing I can't do this OMG

877 karma

WAIT- how do you tell if it's grey? The only thing that changed was the little icons in the boxes. Is that "grey"?

891 karma

It's literally 30 min till I get out of the office and then a floppin hour till home

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma

I wish you all the best!!!

• fambam24fambam24 Member
    215 karma

mine is not grey yet