Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions from a Testmasters Defector

Hi y'all!

I took the Testmasters course for the September LSAT, started studying in July with a cold diagnostic of 153. My highest PT was a 169 two days before the LSAT (I had been steadily PTing around 165-170), and ended up with a 167 on test day.

During the course I had been knocked out by a nasty case of food poisoning for two weeks or so (I ended up in the hospital. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT go to the Chipotle on N. State in Chicago) and had missed a lot of critical time for test prep. I sucked it up and took the LSAT anyway even though I knew I could've put more time in.

So, after the September scores came out, I registered for December. Upon realizing it was the basically the same price to reactivate my Testmasters account vs. getting 7sage (with like...50 more PTs, I mean c'mon), I have defected! I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice as to how I should go about using 7sage to prep.

My individual section breakdowns usually go something like -6/-7 on RC, -8/-9 on LR, and -0/-1 on LG. On the September test I posted -5 on RC (somehow got Judicial Candor all correct), -10 on LR (a whopping 7 points dropped on the second LR section), and -0 on LG.

LG was my weakest section starting out (I had missed something like 15-20 LG questions on my first diagnostic) so I had put most of my time into Games. Other than drilling individual LR question types and RC sections repeatedly, I didn't give my due diligence to those sections and suffered for it.

I've skimmed through a few course videos already but don't really know how to structure my study schedule around the material. I don't feel it's feasible (or efficient) to do all 800 hours of the course before December. Should I just be doing more PTs? Identify what weaknesses? Figure out what the hell a Blind Review is? Give up completely? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Time is a factor so I wouldn't go through the CC (core curriculum). If it was me...
    I would put in some past tests into the analytics to see what question types I struggle with. Then I would drill those question types while also taking a test or two a week.

As for BR, here is the info
    https://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-to-correctly-prep-for-lsat-part-1/
    https://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-to-correctly-prep-for-lsat-part-2/

A lot of people say it is very important and some even say you should review every question (even those you got right).

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

You have enough time to go through the lessons. Many of those hours include time to do problem sets and PTs, as well as the quizzes and other modules. And while those are all certainly helpful, if you already know the basics, then you likely won't need to do anywhere near close to the total 800 hours. For the question types and concepts you are weakest on, dedicate more time there.

Also, definitely check out the lessons on Games, Logic, and Valid/Invalid argument forms.

• yeshesviniyeshesvini Member
    113 karma

definitely do the lessons from the core curriculum....ull see both your speed and accuracy improve leaps and bounds