Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The 7Sage Mindset

StellaBlueStellaBlue Alum Member

Hey friends,

This is just a lil encouragement post for those of us who may have been underwhelmed by our LSAT performance, and anyone reading the boards who is thinking about joining 7Sage.

When I started studying for the LSAT over the winter, I was dead-set on taking the June exam, ace-ing it, and being admitted early to Harvard (a girl can dream). I've always been kind of type A, and sometimes I get discouraged when I'm not immediately the best at something. However, I quickly realized I wasn't ready to sit in June, and began studying nearly full-time with 7Sage in March. I have this to say: the community here, from the instructors to the other students, has completely changed my mindset. I'm learning to trust the process, and to take absolute ownership for my own study habits.

In high school and college, I loved trying to blame a professor or the test if I didn't do well. When I walked out of the LSAT in September, regardless of how shaken up I was, I just kept thinking that the test was incredibly fair. When I got my score last week and it wasn't quite what I wanted, I was disappointed and truly shaken up for a couple of hours, but then immediately mapped out all my options. And I realized: the absolute worst case scenario is that I don't start law school next fall. And if that's my biggest problem, I'm going to be just fine.

I guess I'm probably not explaining this too well, but I wanted to say that the 7Sage community and program has totally changed my outlook, for the better. I am more patient, I am more logical, and I am more willing to work as hard as I can for an end goal I believe in. BIG thanks to everyone who has been encouraging, supportive, and knowledgable. I hope everyone else in the same boat is able to find some peace with their own outcomes as well----it's gonna be ok!

Comments