Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rededication to the LSAT

jack.igoejack.igoe Member
in General 544 karma

Hey everyone,

I know I posted something like this a few days after the LSAT scores were released but I've come to realize that at that point I didn't mean it. I'm not sure if this serves any particular purpose but hopefully someone who reads this finds themselves in a similar scenario and it looking for a comparative experience.

Just as some background for those of you who didn't see that previous post, I received a 165 on the September LSAT and was devastated. I had been PT'ing in the low 170's and seeing a 165 in that email was gut wrenching. After initially opening the email, my first instinct was to criticize the test and the perhaps undue worth that applications officers give it. I mistook that anger for fuel and claimed to have rededicated myself to studying. However, over the last few weeks I have done some LG, taken a PT which I got a 169 on, and reveled in my anger. Over that time, I have come to the realization that even if the LSAT is overvalued and there are issues with the test, it is what it is. I realized that I had practiced "willful ignorance" leading up to the September test. The margin of error between the 170's and 160's is so slim that I had been getting lucky on the questions that pushed my scores into the 170's. With that being the case: I need to get better at timing my RC, start filming my PT's for insight, get more consistent with LG in order to go -0 consistently, and hold myself to a higher standard on BR. Criticizing the test gets us nowhere, bettering my own skills will.

So for those of you who underperformed your expectations, take some time and face the hard truth. The score is what the score is. The LSAT is what the LSAT is. You can either chose to criticize circumstances, or work to change them for December. Below are some quotes that I've been reading over from my Bartlett's book the past few days and if you've gained nothing else from my ramblings, maybe these will make your attention worth it. Good luck to everyone and their studies.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” -Thomas Edison

“Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." -F. Scott Fitzgerald

“If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” -H. G. Wells