Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Learning how to complete logic games

jermainepitts-1jermainepitts-1 Core Member

I am having trouble with logic games. I understand what I am doing when I have my tutoring session, but when I am by myself, I have a mental block. I know how to do 1:1 ordering games but do not know how to do the others. I am terrible at math. I did buy a prep test for the games but I do not know what to do. Logic games is my weakest section but I want to practice and learn how to do logic games. I did watch the foolproof method several times on this site, I do not know how to set up the game by reading the rules. Sometimes I am able to discern whether it is Underbooked, Overbooked, etc., but I do not know what to do. More often than not, I guess when I am taking the practice tests. I do not know what to do. Please help!

Comments

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

Have you tried understanding LG through 7sage? If not, would definitely recommend. With JY's videos, you don't have to wait for a tutoring session to understand why you can't figure out a game and in my opinion he approaches the games in the most straight forward way out there.

• jermainepitts-1jermainepitts-1 Core Member
    21 karma

I do not understand how watching a video can help me set up the game and answer the questions. The video does all the thinking for me, I cannot just watch a video while I am taking the test. Is 7sage able to teach me how to do this, rather than show me the answer?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

@jermainepitts said:
    I do not understand how watching a video can help me set up the game and answer the questions. The video does all the thinking for me, I cannot just watch a video while I am taking the test. Is 7sage able to teach me how to do this, rather than show me the answer?

Oh yeah! There's an entire third of the curriculum dedicated to teaching how to diagram games and strategy. The videos are just there to help you when it comes time to review. They're helpful to check your diagrams and answers up against.

• alexwithawallalexwithawall Member
    4 karma

@jermainepitts said:

Go to Course>Syllabus and the entire middle third of the lessons have to do with the different types of logic games. They really do a good job of setting the entire idea of logic games up, starting from square 1 and building off that.