Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts

harrismeganharrismegan Member
edited September 2014 in General 2074 karma
Struggling.
I’m writing the exam in December.
I am getting through the material mostly ahead of schedule, but I’m not grasping some of the concepts. I think that being “less than perfect” the first time doing this is stressing me out.

Is it beneficial to not move ahead to next week’s lesson, print off the problem sets for each section, and re-do them. To give me a review of the past concepts (strengthening, weakening, MSS, ect), and to see if I’ve some-what improved a bit?

Then next week I can start on my lesson plans again.

Comments

• LouieRodriguezLouieRodriguez Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    any concepts in particular? do you think you'd benefit from in-class instruction? one key thing that I have liked about test masters is that I have completed a ridiculous amount of homework in a relatively short amount of time. I already knew all concepts walking into the course, but having them tell me to do this question then this question then that game and this passage was very useful to me. 7sage is all you technically need, but the human interaction with the course I'm in has showed its benefits. I have met like minded individuals who just like me want to take PT's every weekend and want to review afterwards. the 6 proctored exams I've been through has also helped.
    I do believe 7sage has better methodology, but it has its limitations in being an online course.
  • LouieRodriguezLouieRodriguez Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    something about knowing the person sitting next to me is scoring a lot higher than me- almost forces me to score higher
  • Will EdwardsWill Edwards Alum Member Inactive Sage
    175 karma
    Setting aside a day of review is certainly not a bad idea and will help solidify concepts in your mind. I wouldn't want to progress too far without grasping the basics. That said, there are somethings that you may just forget and need to review later, it's no big deal to need to do that and I think everyone does at some point.

Also, if you don't have a perfect score for all the problem sets, that doesn't necessarily mean you haven't understood the concept, so don't stress if you miss a couple, it just means they are hard questions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    310 karma
    Listen to Will
    He knows this test inside and out.