Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to submit application?

EvetteCeeEvetteCee Alum Member
in General 224 karma

Hi guys, so I’m currently studying for the December LSAT & finishing up my essays for the application.

Since the test is in December and I won’t know my score until January, does it make a difference whether I submit my application in December (without knowing my store) vs. in January, once I have received my LSAT score.

Comments

• yeshesviniyeshesvini Member
    113 karma

i'd like to know too

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Wait until you receive your december score to apply. Schools wont look at your apps until it is complete with a score, so try not to submit it incomplete.

You should however, have all of your apps ready to go so that by the time scores come out, you can submit them all the same day.

Best of luck!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Actually - if you have everything ready I don't see why wouldn't want to submit everything now. This way, you won't be rushing to submit when the scores come out. Its true that schools won't look at your application pacakge until its complete but I don't believe they look down upon incomplete applications - they just wait until everything is in. I vote for submitting all now and sit back and chill for your Dec score to be released.

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

A lot of schools have two different deadlines, one for early admission and one for later. I have called a lot of schools inquiring about this so unless your LSAT is completed, you don't need to apply until the later deadline. They won't be looking at your application until then anyways.

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

I was told at the forum that if your application is complete without a score you should still apply. They cannot review without it being complete but they can see when the application was opened and started etc. This isn't "I heard" advice, this was from an Admissions professional from a law school.