Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR Score Finally at Target Score

jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
edited October 2017 in December 2017 LSAT 630 karma

Hey guys!

So I have consistently been getting a BR Score that is on average close to my Target score nonetheless getting questions correct and completing them all within the time allotted has proven to be difficult for me.

I would still like to aim for higher than my target score though I only have so much time until the December test so I feel like it's wise to start working on timing now.

I have one month until Test Day. What has worked for you guys in terms of timing for each section?

As for trying to still get those harder LR questions. I plan on drilling down specific question types, however I find that near the end of each LR section is when I start having trouble with questions.

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@jennybbbbb said:
    Hey guys!

So I have consistently been getting a BR Score that is on average close to my Target score nonetheless getting questions correct and completing them all within the time allotted has proven to be difficult for me.

To actually have your timed score be the same as your target score your blind review score has to be really above your target score. This doesn't apply if your blind review score is 180. So I think the next task is to figure out how to raise your blind review score because everybody scores a bit below what they can score without there being a timed constraint.

I would still like to aim for higher than my target score though I only have so much time until the December test so I feel like it's wise to start working on timing now.

Yes, I think you can benefit from trying out confidence drill and raising your blind review score.

I have one month until Test Day. What has worked for you guys in terms of timing for each section?

It really depends on a person. Some people do well with 25 question in 25 minutes. Some people score that same by doing 25 questions in 30 minutes. Speed really comes not from rushing the reading but from being decisive and being really good at fundamentals.

As for trying to still get those harder LR questions. I plan on drilling down specific question types, however I find that near the end of each LR section is when I start having trouble with questions.

The end of each LR section tends to have difficult questions but if you look at analytics a lot of the questions at the end are also 1 star or 3 star questions. So if you can do those questions with the same difficulty at the beginning of the section in less than a minute you want to ask yourself why you couldn't do these questions at the end of the section that are the same difficultly in less then a minute as well. The answer to that question should determine how you handle your later questions.

I know I posed a lot of questions to you but I do believe that the answer to some of your questions depend on how you are personally performing on sections and what your personal reasons are for slowing down.

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

@Sami said:

@jennybbbbb said:
    Hey guys!

To actually have your timed score be the same as your target score your blind review score has to be really above your target score. This doesn't apply if your blind review score is 180. So I think the next task is to figure out how to raise your blind review score because everybody scores a bit below what they can score without there being a timed constraint.

Yes, I think you can benefit from trying out confidence drill and raising your blind review score.

It really depends on a person. Some people do well with 25 question in 25 minutes. Some people score that same by doing 25 questions in 30 minutes. Speed really comes not from rushing the reading but from being decisive and being really good at fundamentals.

The end of each LR section tends to have difficult questions but if you look at analytics a lot of the questions at the end are also 1 star or 3 star questions. So if you can do those questions with the same difficulty at the beginning of the section in less than a minute you want to ask yourself why you couldn't do these questions at the end of the section that are the same difficultly in less then a minute as well. The answer to that question should determine how you handle your later questions.

I know I posed a lot of questions to you but I do believe that the answer to some of your questions depend on how you are personally performing on sections and what your personal reasons are for slowing down.

Thank you for your response! I am currently not scoring higher than my target score in BR, would you say I should focus on improving that right now and then move into timing drills?

I do have anxiety so that is why I feel like I will have a problem with timing and will need more time with it.