Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most recent prep tests?

danielvs13danielvs13 Alum Member
edited September 2014 in September 2014 LSAT 4 karma
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if you had any advice re: the recentness of prep tests. I have done a fair amount of them, but none more recent than prep test 58. Is it necessary to do the absolute most recent ones or are the older ones sufficiently similar to what I can expect to see next week?

Comments

• joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    DO THE MOST RECENT ONES!!!! (he shouts from on high!). Seriously though, do the most recent ones. 58 was a million years ago. This weekend, do the 2 or 3 most recent to give yourself time to review them for the most recent trends. You'll be better prepared and more confident too.

Imagine walking in on test day going... "hmmm...I wonder if anything has changed in the last 15 administrations of this test?" Now imagine walking in thinking, "I'm ready. I've seen their most recent tricks and trends. They can't beat me!".

Which one do you think will make you feel more at ease and focused?

Good luck Dan!
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    Agree with Joegotbored. DO THE RECENT ONES! At least a few of them. There are some minor changes that occur between the 50's and 60's even into the 70's. For instance, I noticed that they ask parallel flaw questions in a weird way now. Not that it's actually weird, but it is worded differently, and if you are not used to seeing it, it just might throw you off guard during the real administration.

This is how a parallel flaw question is worded on a recent PT:
    "The flawed nature of the company president's argument can most effectively be demonstrated by noting that, by parallel reasoning we could conclude that"

Where as from PT 50 parallel flawed were worded:
    "The flawed pattern of reasoning in which one of the following most closely resembles the flawed pattern of reasoning in the essayist's argument?"

It doesn't seem like a major change, but when I took PT 70 and saw that it was worded like that it kind of threw me off. Brought the blood pressure up a little bit at first because I was timing myself and was like WTF is this? Had to stop and breathe and quickly realized there just asking for parallel flaw. Just saying, even the most minute changes can harm you, so it is best you are prepared for everything.