Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FAFSA

Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member

So someone told me that we are required to fill out FAFSA for law school. Does anyone know if this is true and if so by when are we suppose to do this? before or after the application.

Comments

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Some schools require this only for need-based scholarships, some require it for all scholarships, including those that are merit-based. You have to check school by school. You can fill it out after applying; it only affects scholarship money actually being disbursed to your account.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

It looks like different schools have their own deadlines. One school I'm applying to said January 15 and I saw deadlines in February for others. So probably school by school. As noted in another thread, some schools also require you to submit parents' information on FAFSA (despite the fact that the FAFSA itself designates all graduate/professional students as independent). So you just need to read each school's instructions very carefully.