Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addendum for multiple transcripts?

Hi everyone,

I have been teetering back and forth on whether to write an addendum explaining why I have multiple transcripts. I haven't been able to find much advice on this, so I am hoping that someone on here might be able to help! I have a lot of transcripts on LSAC right now... as in 6.

When I was a sophomore in college I decided to change my major. In order to graduate on time, I took summer courses in my hometown. Unfortunately, my college was strict about which courses from which universities were transferable, so now I have transcripts from three different universities for courses I took over the summer. I also have one transcript from a Spanish class I took at a community college during my senior year, my transcript from my graduating institution, and now I'm in grad school so one from there as well. I'm not sure if this will cause concern for admissions offices. I could have probably stayed at my school over the summer (although very few people do), but I had jobs/internships at home and none of these courses were offered online over the summers. I worry about coming off as someone who didn't put in the effort to fully complete their major at their graduating institution. For the record the courses were: an elective computer class, two spanish classes, and macro-econ course

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4428 karma

I bet they would understand without it, but a very brief adendum probably wouldn't hurt. As I understand it that's sort of the rule of thumb with these kinds of addendums. Keep it brief and it can't really hurt. It might rven help a little.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27891 karma

I don't read that as any lack of effort. I doubt you need it, but probably fine if you keep it to about 3 lines or so. Maybe a good question for the admit webinar on Monday.