Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR Questions

Hey everyone, I feel sometimes the lsat throws in indicator that aren't building conditional relationship. how can you tell when the conditional statements are important in a lsat question or when their not.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Conditional statements are always important, but indicators don't always indicate conditionality. You've got to use context and meaning to see if there is a relationship or not. I think you've actually provided yourself with an excellent example of an indicator being used in a way in which it's not establishing a conditional relationship:

@alexanderthegreat4 said:
    how can you tell when the conditional statements are important in a lsat question or when their not.

"When" here is not conditional, and to use it properly, you likely understood that. If you can correctly use the indicator words non-conditionally, then you can definitely understand them when you see them! I used one of these similarly in my explanation above. Did you mistake it for a conditional statement when you read it, or did context clue you in? You probably didn't even notice it, which means you just read it correctly and understood it intuitively without overthinking it.

• 473 karma

Yeah that makes more sense. Since I been studying , I have been using a lot of conditional indicators in my speech and writing lol. Thank you very much for the advice and previous help.