Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which PTs to use

LivePumpkinLivePumpkin Free Trial Member
in General 270 karma

Is it true? Newer PTs are harder than older ones? Should I focus more on tests 65 onward for December/February? Thanks!

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

IMO it depends on how many more PTs you're going to take before the exams and what PTs you've taken so far.

I haven't touched the new PTs yet, but I plan on focusing on them (without exhausting all of them incase I need to repeat).

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LivePumpkin said:
    Is it true? Newer PTs are harder than older ones? Should I focus more on tests 65 onward for December/February? Thanks!

Harder? Hmm... I wouldn't say older tests are necessarily easier, but some of the classic flaws and classic moves are less disguised. Games sections don't have the annoying rule substitution questions. And RC correct answers are better supported by text across the board. The newer tests seem to have longer stims on LR, too.

Older tests are great for the early learning process. If you're in your PT phase where you have learned and mastered the basics, I think using PT 65 and on for full PTs/timed sections is a great idea. If you're taking in December, I would try to make sure I expose myself to the 70's series and the 1-2 of the 80's series PTs.