Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strategy for Harder Weakening Questions

jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
edited November 2017 in Logical Reasoning 630 karma

So I came across a discussion and someone mentioned that for weakening questions he/she uses this strategy from time to time: negate the conclusion and then find the answer choice that supports that conclusion.

I mean there's more probably to this so maybe someone can explain this a little bit better but I honestly can say this works.

It has helped me find the correct answer choice much easier for more harder weakening questions.

Thought I would share for some of those having trouble with weakening questions.

Has anyone else experienced this or used this strategy?

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

Thanks for sharing and I am happy that you found something that works for you.

I have not tried that strategy but I think sometimes what works can be really personal.

I see strengthening and weakening questions as two sides of the same coin. We should be able to easily turn a weakening stimulus into a strengthening one. I personally don't like an extra step but if it works for you for really hard questions and like you said you only employ that strategy when you really need to then why not. The hard questions when we have time are worth extra steps. <3