Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letter of Rec Documents

mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
in Logic Games 891 karma

I have a meeting with my letter of rec writer tomorrow and I'm wondering what I need to bring re the insurrections on LSAC. Is there a form she needs to fill out?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2017 23929 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    I have a meeting with my letter of rec writer tomorrow and I'm wondering what I need to bring re the insurrections on LSAC. Is there a form she needs to fill out?

They can fill out everything from the LSAC website if s/he's submitting electronically. So you may only need to bring the information you want to give her or that s/he's requested for your LOR. My profs asked for my resume, for example.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

Echoing what @"Alex Divine" said. I gave my professors a resume with an add on for the classes I've taken with that professor. You only need to give the professors a form if they intend to send the letter through the mail as opposed to submitting it online.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

You just have to make sure to assign them as your recommender on the LSAC website. Then make sure that you send them a letter request via the LSAC website - this will send your recommender an e-mail with instructions of how to send the letter of rec.

Additionally, I highly recommend you give your recommender a copy of your resume and your personal statement (if you have it), that way they can write the letter in a way that complements your entire application.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I think it helps to give them the LSAC form even if they're going to submit it electronically just because they tend to have large numbers of papers and electronic documents to deal with. A resume is great, and you may also want to give them a copy of your personal statement. They'll also want a refresher on the grades you got in the course(s) you had them for and what semester it was.