Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How to fool proof games by December test - 7Sage Forum

How to fool proof games by December test

jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
in Logic Games 630 karma

With limited time, I am wondering how to get the most out of the LG games. I know many others on here who are working towards improving games. With the time that we have left, what do you guys recommend while obviously balancing other sections as well? Hence, I cannot dedicate all my time from now to the December exam but I would like to improve my games. I have seen a slow improvement by foolproofing the CC problem set games but as of right now, should I start with PT 45-60? Or?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:
    With limited time, I am wondering how to get the most out of the LG games. I know many others on here who are working towards improving games. With the time that we have left, what do you guys recommend while obviously balancing other sections as well? Hence, I cannot dedicate all my time from now to the December exam but I would like to improve my games. I have seen a slow improvement by foolproofing the CC problem set games but as of right now, should I start with PT 45-60? Or?

Hmm.. How are you with games? Have you taken many of the modern tests 52+ ?

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jennybbbbb said:

Hey @"Alex Divine" !

I took 53 yesterday and scored -5. I have taken a few usually score -5/-6 on games. I want to get faster as well though as sometimes I do not have enough to finish the last game.

What do you suggest?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jennybbbbb said:

Hey @"Alex Divine" !

I took 53 yesterday and scored -5. I have taken a few usually score -5/-6 on games. I want to get faster as well though as sometimes I do not have enough to finish the last game.

What do you suggest?

I'm not the best at games, to be perfectly honest. I sometimes go -0 and other times -5, as well. I've been spending a lot of time fool proofing games. I also realize that I have the luxury of time since I'm taking in June and you have a little less than 3 weeks.

I guess I would try to expose myself to more of the newer LG sections. I know they have the 1 and 2 rule substitution questions and definitely have a bit of a different feel than some of the games in the 40s and 50s. I may consider cannibalizing some of the newer tests to practice LG on if you're absolutely going to take in December.

630 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jennybbbbb said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jennybbbbb said:

Hey @"Alex Divine" !

What do you suggest?

I'm not the best at games, to be perfectly honest. I sometimes go -0 and other times -5, as well. I've been spending a lot of time fool proofing games. I also realize that I have the luxury of time since I'm taking in June and you have a little less than 3 weeks.

I guess I would try to expose myself to more of the newer LG sections. I know they have the 1 and 2 rule substitution questions and definitely have a bit of a different feel than some of the games in the 40s and 50s. I may consider cannibalizing some of the newer tests to practice LG on if you're absolutely going to take in December.

Thank you!! I will definitely look at the newer games. The only thing is I might be rewriting in February so I aren't sure with PTs to save incase I do decide to retake.

But again, thank you @"Alex Divine" for your advice on the forum!

It certainly helps us all!

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

I'd dedicate at least four days where all you do is logic games. I didn't start going to -0 on logic games until I learned to block off chunks of time (multiple study days) to just do games and nothing else. Were I you and taking the December test, that's one thing I would do. You can go into a maintenance mode after that, but--especially if your not someone whose naturally good at these bastards (like myself)--I feel like focused study (without having to worry about anything else) is essential. Just my two cents. Good luck!--A.c.S

630 karma

@acsimon said:
    I'd dedicate at least four days where all you do is logic games. I didn't start going to -0 on logic games until I learned to block off chunks of time (multiple study days) to just do games and nothing else. Were I you and taking the December test, that's one thing I would do. You can go into a maintenance mode after that, but--especially if your not someone whose naturally good at these bastards (like myself)--I feel like focused study (without having to worry about anything else) is essential. Just my two cents. Good luck!--A.c.S

Thank you! I think I will be dedicating at least 2-3 days only towards logic games and hopefully by test day it all becomes worth it!