Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scores are decreasing....

kjsmith914kjsmith914 Alum Member

With just over two weeks until December 2, I've found that my scores have been decreasing. I'm not sure if it's anxiety, burnout, or just being crazy busy at work, but something isn't happening for me here.

I intend to take the test to see how I do, but am now becoming more open to the possibility of waiting until next cycle, retaking, and applying earlier with a higher score. It's just that I really don't want to be in my current job for much longer, and the thought of waiting another YEAR makes me so disappointed and sad. :(

Any recommendations for the final stretch?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2017 23929 karma

@kjsmith914 said:
    With just over two weeks until December 2, I've found that my scores have been decreasing. I'm not sure if it's anxiety, burnout, or just being crazy busy at work, but something isn't happening for me here.

I intend to take the test to see how I do, but am now becoming more open to the possibility of waiting until next cycle, retaking, and applying earlier with a higher score. It's just that I really don't want to be in my current job for much longer, and the thought of waiting another YEAR makes me so disappointed and sad. :(

Have you been feeling different emotionally towards the LSAT? For me, I can usually go a few weeks with going hard AF with the LSAT, but somedays I just don't feel the same motivation I usually do towards the test. Having increased demand at work has certainly led me to feel this way too. I've also found that when I force myself to take PTs or timed sections when I feel this way, I usually do noticeably worse.

You may just need a day or two off... I understand that you may feel with the test looming so close that you can't afford to take a day off. But I assure you that you can't afford to be burned out. In my experience, burnout won't subside until you take a bit of a break.

I admire your attitude to see the big picture and be willing to maximize your score!

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@kjsmith914 said:

Have you been feeling different emotionally towards the LSAT? For me, I can usually go a few weeks with going hard AF with the LSAT, but somedays I just don't feel the same motivation I usually do towards the test. Having increase demand at work has certainly led me to feel this way. I've also found that when I force myself to take PTs or timed sections when I feel this way, I usually do noticeably worse.

You may just need a day or two off... I understand that you may feel with the test looming so close that you can't afford to take a day off. But I assure you that you can't afford to be burned out. In my experience burnout won't subside until you take a bit of a break.

I admire your attitude to see the big picture and be willing to maximize your score!

I agree with @"Alex Divine" I always take breaks and make sure I prevent burn out.

This will really help performance! Do something fun and enjoy a day without LSAT stuff or at least try and see if you feel better! On days I don't feel motivated, my score will definitely reflect my mood.