Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any idea for INTERNATIONAL student?

bela6402bela6402 Alum Member
edited September 2018 in December 2017 LSAT 22 karma

Hi Everyone. I am a PhD student in biomedical and I will defend my PhD in 3-4 months. I took the September exam and ended up with 137. I had some practice but not much. Since then I had no more attempt and completely gave up. I do better at Games and worse at RC. The problem is, I have to translate it in my mind and the time is not sufficient for that.
Do you think I can get 160+ for next June if I keep practicing and what is your main advice to me?

Thanks

Comments

• Dannonchik175Dannonchik175 Member
    26 karma

Hey there, well you'll definitely get better. English is not my native, it's actually my 3rd language and i have to do same translations back and forth just like you:). RC was a struggle, but I now manage to finish all the 3 passages and Qs in 30 mins and mostly guess on the 4th, so far -2, the most -5 in RC section, that's good enough for me.
    And you have advantage over me: 1) you are still in school and i've been out of it for the past 10 years 2) I don't speak or read English stuff on daily basis, except lsat related things.
    Think of it as an advantage, 'coz i really think it's. when you're doing all those translations you understand details better and memorize them better.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@belahian said:
    Hi Everyone. I am a PhD student in biomedical and I will defend my PhD in 3-4 months. I took the September exam and ended up with 140. I had some practice but not much. Since then I had no more attempt and completely gave up. I do better at Games and worse at RC. The problem is, I have to translate it in my mind and the time is not sufficient for that.
    Do you think I can get 160+ for next June if I keep practicing and what is your main advice to me?

Thanks

Yes, I think you can get a 160. RC is tough, even for native speakers. But the good news is with tons of practice, you'll see improvement.

I would recommend a course like 7Sage so you can learn all of the strategy behind the LSAT.

• bela6402bela6402 Alum Member
    22 karma

Thanks for suggestions. Anyway I have to stop translating in mind. Like when I talk. I never think when I talk. But I have to reread when I read a passage several times to understand. Interestingly, I do better with those science passages because I used to read those a lot. I know I need much more practice. But do you think 2h a day is enough?