Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone every read the question twice?

lizpillizpil Member

I read the question twice before the answers. Anybody else do this? It seems to be the way my brain absorbs things..

Comments

• siteihuzisiteihuzi Alum Member
    10 karma

I do that sometimes..when there are distractions. I find it difficult to concentrate whenever I pushed myself to get a better score.

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

No, until I came to yours;)

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

Not generally. I used to do this more frequently, but I then started skipping more during LR. Now, if I find that I need to reread the question (not simply to double-check something, but actually reread it in its entirety), I simply skip. It's sped me up quite a bit.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I did if I needed to but not everytime. I needed/wanted to fairly frequently (maybe half the time).

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

I have done that quite a bit; a habit I'd like to break eventually. I believe it really depends on how quickly you can break down the argument and locate where the premises and conclusion are. If you have trouble finding them, then move on and come back. Many on here find that when they come back they are able to see the question in a "new light" and quickly dissect the question.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Read the question stem before you do the stimulus, then read the stimulus, then read the question stem.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Definitely, especially when the stimulus is chockful of details and I need to discern which parts are useful for answering the question.