Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official December LSAT Discussion Thread

12345679»

Comments

• jclwong95jclwong95 Member
    24 karma

I had 2 RC and yes I can confirm this is real.

• jclwong95jclwong95 Member
    24 karma

By the way, anyone else feel that the 26 Q LR was tougher than the 25 Q?

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@"Muskey One" said:

@jsfollower said:
    can anyone confirm if LR section with a question about 7pm and 6pm was real?

Agreed, anyone know if this is real or experimental?

Real

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@saberati said:

@42328 said:
    Did anybody else have as much trouble with the apartment game as I did? I felt like the other three were fine (which now I’m anxious was because I somehome completely missed something) but the apartment game threw me off so badly! I had no idea how to solve it

Is this game at all like anything else anyone has seen? Was this one of those rare 15 minute games or were there some game changing inferences? I only had about 5 minutes to dedicate to this.

I think I got to it with about 8 minutes to spare but also didn’t finish in time. It didn’t strike me as all that out of the ordinary but there were a couple of key inferences I think. Keeping track of them was just kind of difficult. I think it was a tough game but not unreasonable, probably like a 8-10 minute target time in JY’s explanations. If I had another 3 minutes or so I probably would have been ok. I got about halfway through the questions.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited December 2017 3197 karma

Apartment game would have been challenging if you didn't block off what couldn't be first or last. Or connected the chain. Even with figuring out still missed the MBT because I put the could be true answer and then finally went to switch answer at pencils down cries

• side braidside braid Member
    83 karma

@"Muskey One" said:

@jsfollower said:
    can anyone confirm if LR section with a question about 7pm and 6pm was real?

Agreed, anyone know if this is real or experimental?

Yes, this question was real. I only had 2 LR and I recall having this question.

• ekdonachieekdonachie Free Trial Member
    48 karma

I am entirely uncertain on how I did for Dec test. This is my first time taking the test. I studied intensely for months.

LR (25) - RC - LR (25) - LR (26) - LG

1st LR - took longer than normal to get through. Guessed on about 4 answers. Panicked a bit which did not help.
    RC - weakest section. Guesses on Chinese prompt. Thought Social Darwinism prompt was confusing
    2nd LR - blew through that section. No problem
    3rd LR - did not think it was too tough. Took a bit longer than 2nd LR.
    LG - what the actual eff was that last game? The second game took me 15 minutes. I answered the first game in 5 minutes - moved really quickly, didn't check. I am so uncertain. Normally I max at -2 on games. I have NO idea on this section.

I feel manic about this LSAT. On one hand, everything could have been fine. Yeah, I guessed on about 8 questions, but those are the areas I tested weakly on in PT. On the other hand, everything went horrible. I messed up every section and hope for a 154 in my wildest dreams.

HELP! Does anyone else feel like this?

• Muskey OneMuskey One Alum Member
    34 karma

@ekdonachie said:
    I am entirely uncertain on how I did for Dec test. This is my first time taking the test. I studied intensely for months.

LR (25) - RC - LR (25) - LR (26) - LG

1st LR - took longer than normal to get through. Guessed on about 4 answers. Panicked a bit which did not help.
    RC - weakest section. Guesses on Chinese prompt. Thought Social Darwinism prompt was confusing
    2nd LR - blew through that section. No problem
    3rd LR - did not think it was too tough. Took a bit longer than 2nd LR.
    LG - what the actual eff was that last game? The second game took me 15 minutes. I answered the first game in 5 minutes - moved really quickly, didn't check. I am so uncertain. Normally I max at -2 on games. I have NO idea on this section.

I feel manic about this LSAT. On one hand, everything could have been fine. Yeah, I guessed on about 8 questions, but those are the areas I tested weakly on in PT. On the other hand, everything went horrible. I messed up every section and hope for a 154 in my wildest dreams.

HELP! Does anyone else feel like this?

Did your first LR have the question about 6PM/7PM on it? I'm pretty sure I had the same format as you.

My experience was that the first LR was the most difficult secion.

48 karma

@"Muskey One" I distinctively remember Caligula in the first section. I am not sure about the 6pm/7pm question....

• BlaineC30BlaineC30 Alum Member
    10 karma

Does anyone know of some games similar to the apartment cleaning one? I think i set that one up as a double sequential, but i can't recall since its been a week now. I think I'm going to rewrite in February.

8392 karma

@ekdonachie said:
    @"Muskey One" I distinctively remember Caligula in the first section. I am not sure about the 6pm/7pm question....

Do you know which of your LR sections was experimental? Caligula was real. So was dolphins, black and white camouflage, Greek tablet in a play, one section started with a question about a pro-development mayoral candidate, and t-rex cannibalism. There's a more in-depth thread with info, but those are all real questions if it helps to narrow it down.

48 karma

@"Leah M B" I hate to say it, but I am almost positive my 2nd LR was experimental. The 1st section without a doubt had the Caligula question. The 3rd LR was my only section with 26 questions.

The Caligula question is the only one I can definitively remember.

8392 karma

@BlaineC30 said:
    Does anyone know of some games similar to the apartment cleaning one? I think i set that one up as a double sequential, but i can't recall since its been a week now. I think I'm going to rewrite in February.

I feel like there's one that I remember being similar but I can't remember enough details to find it. I searched a bit through the double layer-sequencing-grouping games as tagged by 7sage, but not finding the one I'm thinking of. I do think the game would be similar to those though in general if you want to practice some. I think the way they utilized the floor numbers in the game was the trickiest part though, and I can't recall another game that did that similarly. But the structure of the game I thought was pretty straight forward, though on the difficult side.

edited December 2017 8392 karma

@ekdonachie said:
    @"Leah M B" I hate to say it, but I am almost positive my 2nd LR was experimental. The 1st section without a doubt had the Caligula question. The 3rd LR was my only section with 26 questions.

The Caligula question is the only one I can definitively remember.

Yeah, that sounds right. I don't remember the number of questions for any section (how do y'all do that? haha) but I believe I remember seeing the real ones were a 25 and 26. So most likely section #2 was experimental.

EDIT: I mean, the 2nd LR (which was section 3 haha).

• StothentothekStothentothek Free Trial Member
    69 karma

Am I the only one who didn't find the apartment game that difficult? I found it required a bit more set up, but I finished it with time to review and felt really good. Now you guys are all freaking me out about it. I think I just need to stop reading this thread until the scores are up lol. I had the experimental LG and that was the only section a ran out of time on, and had to guess the last 2 questions, so I was happy to hear that was not the real one.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@Stothentothek said:
    Am I the only one who didn't find the apartment game that difficult? I found it required a bit more set up, but I finished it with time to review and felt really good. Now you guys are all freaking me out about it. I think I just need to stop reading this thread until the scores are up lol. I had the experimental LG and that was the only section a ran out of time on, and had to guess the last 2 questions, so I was happy to hear that was not the real one.

There were two inferences on that game that really kind of just made it easy imho. I also finished early, and I am also avoiding this thread as much as possible for the same reasons lol....

• BlaineC30BlaineC30 Alum Member
    10 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@Stothentothek said:

There were two inferences on that game that really kind of just made it easy imho. I also finished early, and I am also avoiding this thread as much as possible for the same reasons lol....

Yeah, I had just finished the experimental LG just before it and I think I just let the test day anxiety get to me when I saw the second games section. I should have just skipped it and focused on the last grouping game in hindsight, I'd probably be looking at a -5 instead of -9 or -10 like I'm expecting now on that section :/

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I had 18 mins for the apartments game and I was still confused by a rule LMAO. aren't I the worst

• saberatisaberati Alum Member
    94 karma

@TheMikey said:
    I had 18 mins for the apartments game and I was still confused by a rule LMAO. aren't I the worst

That's crazy! Did you end up figuring it out?

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@saberati said:

@TheMikey said:

That's crazy! Did you end up figuring it out?

Sort of, but one of the rules still confused me throughout the whole game.

• cdawson1970cdawson1970 Member
    edited December 2017 88 karma

How are you determining if the questions are experimental or not? What gets removed here? I am a newcomer.

edited December 2017 13286 karma

@hurib said:
    nice really i love this i am reading just people comment recently i am check this mind blowing game from this website

What?

@"Dillon A. Wright" I think this might be spam? I'm scared to click the link....lol

13286 karma

@cdawson1970 said:
    How are you determining if the questions are experimental or not? What gets removed here? I am a newcomer.

If you get an experimental LG/RC it is easy to tell. All you need to do is find someone who had only 1 LG/RC section and see what the topics were. Then you an write the other off as experimental.

As for LR...you can try and see what the questions were in each section. I don't bother though because the test is such a blur.

• cdawson1970cdawson1970 Member
    88 karma

Thanks.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@hurib said:
    nice really i love this i am reading just people comment recently i am check this mind blowing game from this website https://allworldzone.com/2017/09/17/unblocked-games-66-unblocked-games/

What?

@"Dillon A. Wright" I think this might be spam? I'm scared to click the link....lol

I opened it in a sandbox. It's spam. Viewing the link itself isn't harmful so don't stress if you clicked it.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

I'm a bit disappointed that scores are being released early.
    I was looking forward to using "Scores haven't been released yet" as an excuse when interrogated during holiday parties.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

So this thread wasn't correct if you had S1LR25/S3LR25/S4LR26 Section 1 WAS real not Section 3 just like those that had the 25/26/26 variation.

I should have known the one section I knew I destroyed was experimental hahaha le sigh... here I come Feb LSAT!

8392 karma

@stepharizona said:
    So this thread wasn't correct if you had S1LR25/S3LR25/S4LR26 Section 1 WAS real not Section 3 just like those that had the 25/26/26 variation.

I should have known the one section I knew I destroyed was experimental hahaha le sigh... here I come Feb LSAT!

I don’t think that you can gauge it by the order of sections, you have to look at the individual questions. I’m sure they switch around 25q sections. Probably some people did have that order. It’s the individual questions that tell them apart.

Anyway, hope your score went well!