Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official December LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• castinghallpublicitycastinghallpublicity Free Trial Member
    11 karma

The other (closed) thread called the copper tool/canoe LR question experimental. That was definitely real.

There was also one about an ancient fish with fingers, if that hasn’t been mentioned yet.

• jsfollowerjsfollower Member
    66 karma

can anyone confirm if LR section with a question about 7pm and 6pm was real?

• vanillamochivanillamochi Member
    37 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:
    Can anybody confirm the that the experimental LR was 26Qs?
    I'm assuming so because otherwise my test was 102 questions total.

Yes, the experimental had 26 questions. I had three LR and my order went: LR25 (real), RC, LR26 (not sure if real or fake, I believe it ended with a weaken question), BREAK, LR26 (not sure if real or fake), LG

• m_downingm_downing Member
    9 karma

@astudley91 said:

@m_downing said:
    Trying to recall other questions, but my brain is fried. LR RC LR LR LG - second LR section ended with a question about PTSD, stress, and cortisol levels and another about Planet 256 (or something). Was that one real or experimental?

Experimental

Thank god...was definitely the worst of the three, not at all helped by the fact the proctor never called a 5 minute warning. Thought to myself "this has been a really long 10 minutes..." (since that was the time last I checked my watch) as I was bubbling in the PTSD one, and then the timer went off.

@oberdysz said:
    I don't think the curve will be great since we can't pinpoint anything that was too challenging:(

Purely anecdote, but I've heard a lot of complaints about the LG section.

LG is normally my best section, and I was totally lost this time around for some reason - ended up randomly bubbling in something like 10-12 questions for that, which if I recall, is even worse than the cold take I did back in June.

• blue fish 33blue fish 33 Member
    edited December 2017 6 karma

what

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@castinghallpublicity said:
    The other (closed) thread called the copper tool/canoe LR question experimental. That was definitely real.

There was also one about an ancient fish with fingers, if that hasn’t been mentioned yet.

How many LR sections did you have?

• LSAT StudentLSAT Student Alum Member
    156 karma

I only had 2 LR. One of the questions was about using someone elses wifi.

edited December 2017 156 karma

@AmateurPhilosopher said:
    Was the LR section with the whistleblower question real or experimental? The one about punishing those who reveal politicians

I only had 2 LR and I don't remember that one. Do you remember any more?

• btsao650btsao650 Alum Member
    254 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    @TryingToDoBetter17 Yeah the cleaning floors one was hard! One of the rules was really strange

I completely agree about the cleaning floors game.

156 karma

@TryingToDoBetter17 said:
    LR2 had questions about T. rex and vacuum for uncarpeted floor.

T Rex question made me kinda laugh

edited December 2017 37 karma

@"LSAT Student" said:

@AmateurPhilosopher said:
    Was the LR section with the whistleblower question real or experimental? The one about punishing those who reveal politicians

I only had 2 LR and I don't remember that one. Do you remember any more?

I believe that was on my second LR of three-- a section with 26 questions. I cannot remember if the Indian spice question was on that one or not, but the Indian spice question is apparently real.

• blah blahblah blah Alum Member
    edited December 2017 111 karma

Anyone have a LR question about increasing rain and less hot days.

I had three LR sections and my brain is so fried that I can't remember which questions came in which section... :c

254 karma

@jsfollower said:

I had only two LR sections I had this question.

156 karma

@"gettier this" said:

I don't remember that one. I only had two LR's

• blue fish 33blue fish 33 Member
    6 karma

Does anyone remember whether the apartment LG game and the voting and zoning commission question were part of the same section?

156 karma

@btsao650 said:

@jsfollower said:

Yeah had this one as well. Maybe I was fried by this point but all I am going to say is WTF about that one

37 karma

Anybody remember if the fish fingers question was in the same section as the curry question?

• jaysunny14jaysunny14 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Was the LR question about raises prices by $0.25 on a real or experimental part?

111 karma

@"LSAT Student" said:

@"gettier this" said:

Ah thanks. Ended up guessing on that one.

@"blue fish 33" said:
    Does anyone remember whether the apartment LG game and the voting and zoning commission question were part of the same section?

Yes. They were.

156 karma

@jaysunny14 said:
    Was the LR question about raises prices by $0.25 on a real or experimental part?

100% real

37 karma

@"LSAT Student" said:

@"gettier this" said:

There was a question comparing two cities and their temperatures. I believe it was a resolve question in what was for me the first 26-question LR of a test that had two 26-question sections and three LR dections, the first one being real and on 25

254 karma

@"LSAT Student" said:

@btsao650 said:

@jsfollower said:

Yeah had this one as well. Maybe I was fried by this point but all I am going to say is WTF about that one

I totally skipped this question. This question is a definite time sink.

254 karma

@vanillamochi said:
    Anybody remember if the fish fingers question was in the same section as the curry question?

Not sure if they were in the same section, but I got both those questions.

• ym2553ym2553 Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 9 karma

Anyone remember whether the Lake Sassafras question was real? At the very end of one of the LRs?

• LSAT Student-1LSAT Student-1 Free Trial Member
    6 karma

I had two LG sections and one game was about movies..anyone remember if that was part of the real section?

edited December 2017 111 karma

@vanillamochi said:

@"LSAT Student" said:

@"gettier this" said:

There was a question comparing two cities and their temperatures. I believe it was a resolve question in what was for me the first 26-question LR of a test that had two 26-question sections and three LR dections, the first one being real and on 25

Definitely had question comparing two cities and temperature. The one in question was about humidity being the cause, i guess that's experimental. Thanks!

• mohsen_nhmohsen_nh Alum Member
    84 karma

Hey does anyone remember an LR question about vacuums? Was that LR section experimental or real (I remember the section having 26 questions)?

254 karma

@mohsen_nh said:
    Hey does anyone remember an LR question about vacuums? Was that LR section experimental or real (I remember the section having 26 questions)?

Yes! I had a vacuums question and only 2 LR sections.

• connorschweitzerconnorschweitzer Alum Member
    12 karma

My early curve prediction: -11 -to -13. Significantly harder LG than September, easier RC (I still get upset when I hear the word candor), and comparable LR. I believe LG is the main driver of the curve.

• 2015stibbs2015stibbs Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 8 karma

(Deleted)

• rcristello_97rcristello_97 Free Trial Member
    6 karma

Someone please help!!! Was the LR question about a movie review where it asked what phrase the second speaker misinterpreted real???

254 karma

@connorschweitzer said:
    My early curve prediction: -11 -to -13. Significantly harder LG than September, easier RC (I still get upset when I hear the word candor), and comparable LR. I believe LG is the main driver of the curve.

I think LG s going to be the main driver of the curve too, but honestly it wasn't as bad as some of the really wacko mid 70s LGs. My greatest fear is that there won't be much of a curve at all.

254 karma

@rcristello_97 said:
    Someone please help!!! Was the LR question about a movie review where it asked what phrase the second speaker misinterpreted real???

I got this question.

111 karma

@connorschweitzer said:

Thanks for your candor!

@btsao650 said:

@connorschweitzer said:

I think LG s going to be the main driver of the curve too, but honestly it wasn't as bad as some of the really wacko mid 70s LGs. My greatest fear is that there won't be much of a curve at all.

What's the average? 10? Think it will be that. I found RC and LR to be easier than Sept's. LG was definitely harder but not as hard or unorthodox as the game with buildings being traded and shit.

• k32176k32176 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

What types of LGs were there?

• connorschweitzerconnorschweitzer Alum Member
    12 karma

@btsao650 said:

@connorschweitzer said:

The LG felt very similar to PrepTest 68, in my opinion. The LR actually felt a little harder on this one. I believe 68 had a -12

• ecarr_12ecarr_12 Live Member
    187 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    I had two LG

1st LG = Some things must close, some must be open [removed]
    2nd LG = Voting committee versus Zoning Committee

RC was about Chinese Language, Multiverse, Law as it applied to Comedians and Chefs, and Social Darwinism

Which LG was real?!

1st. I had one LG section with that one

• sn11_________sn11_________ Alum Member
    103 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" can confirm Copper Tools and Canoes LR was real (from post on real/experimental). Had experimental LG and that was definitely in my LR.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@TryingToDoBetter17 said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright" can confirm Copper Tools and Canoes LR was real (from post on real/experimental). Had experimental LG and that was definitely in my LR.

Thanks!

• RC LR LG LR LR was the test I received. Awesome w/less RC

103 karma

IMO LR didn't feel too hard and RC wasn't that bad (except the 4th about CPG and social darwinism passage had one question that stumped me). LG was definitely toughest section for me and tougher than Sept. Overall I felt like this test was easier than Sept test (based off of taking that as a PT a week ago)

103 karma

@jsfollower said:

The one where like if one group reached a quorum, it would be at 7 and if the other did, it would be at 6? Yes definitely that was real.

• tiffwallacexotiffwallacexo Free Trial Member
    14 karma

had three LRs, i remember one was hard... it had 26 questions and a question about an ancient greek charachter reading a tablet that asked to reject one of the statements? Was that experimental?

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    edited December 2017 861 karma

I had LR RC LR LR LG

Freaking LR drained me. I thought RC was a lot better than September but I was mentally stuck on the last two LGs and had to guess basically most of the floor game. I realized I could have done something more efficient with my board but it was too late. :cry:

All the LR is mushed together in my mind so I have no idea in what sections they we're but...

• I had LR on PTSD
    • LR Planet 256
    • LR copper tools
    • LR on tornados (this wasn't included on the master post)
    • LR on goddamn lichens (this wasn't included on the master post)

According to the RC, there must be a universe where I actually scored what I wanted. :weary:

• castinghallpublicitycastinghallpublicity Free Trial Member
    11 karma

I had 2 LR.

My experimental was games.

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

• ameliacookseyameliacooksey Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 4 karma

103 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

Can second the ancient fish with fingers LR question! only had 2 LR sections so I know it was real.

• jaysunny14jaysunny14 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

@kaitlinroser12 said:
    RC LR LG LR LR was the test I received. Awesome w/less RC

Agreed. Which one of your LR sections did you think was experimental?

• ameliacookseyameliacooksey Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 4 karma

103 karma

@xtinextine said:
    I had LR RC LR LR LG

Freaking LR drained me. I thought RC was a lot better than September but I was mentally stuck on the last two LGs and had to guess basically most of the floor game. I realized I could have done something more efficient with my board but it was too late. :cry:

All the LR is mushed together in my mind so I have no idea in what sections they we're but...

• I had LR on PTSD
    • LR Planet 256
    • LR copper tools
    • LR on tornados (this wasn't included on the master post)
    • LR on goddamn lichens (this wasn't included on the master post)

According to the RC, there must be a multiverse where I actually scored what I wanted. :weary:

I remember LR on sensing tornados so that was real! don't remember LR on lichens so that might have been experimental.