Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Took December lsat, considering registering for february

ecarr_12ecarr_12 Live Member

Despite my long journey of preperation for yesterday, my neurosis is not stopping the "what if's" in my head. So I am strongly considering registering for feb, and not wasting an entire month that I could be studying while waiting for scores to release. I am applying for Fall of next year and I am wondering if anyone knows how I would go about disclosing or not disclosing my choice to take feb in my applications... Do I tell schools that I will be taking feb? Will that mean that they will not yet consider my application until feb scores release? Or do I simply send out apps with December score and approach said schools with my feb score when it releases? Not sure how this exactly works. Sorry this is so convoluted but I'm sure the 7 sage community knows what I'm trying to get at ...

Comments

• PandaRamenPandaRamen Alum Member
    edited December 2017 162 karma

It depends, I talked to some of the admission office I am considering and they said that if you register for the February LSAT, they will have it shown on their file. This would make them wait for your February score. Some application will specifically ask you if you are registered. Since December score will be announced after the Feb registration deadline, I registered for the February just in case. If I decide not to take the Feb test, I can just withdraw and then send out my application. Other school will not consider your Feb test if you do not state it on your application, but in my personal opinion, I think thats a big gamble since you technically have another chance to score higher. This all depends on the school youre applying to. Some has a rolling admission that might get filled up quicker than same-release date school. But I think if all of your quals, (GPA, Rec Letter, Personal Statement etc) aside from the LSAT score, are meeting the school's criteria then you might be in the safe zone... provided you meet at least the 25th percentile of the schools LSAT "requirement".

This is a long winded answer, but I have been going over about this topic for a while now... Ill be sending my application after Dec score release, then this would help me decide either to take the Feb or withdraw.