Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] Tennessee State University, Nashville, Tennessee (USA)

Date of Exam: December 2, 2017

Proctors: Proctors were great to me! My water bottle actually leaked on my ticket on the most important part, meaning my face was ripped out and in a separate, soggy piece. I definitely panicked a little bit, but the proctors accepted the ticket and then let me re-print after the exam so that a non-ripped ticket could go to the LSAC. However, they were inconsistent with the watches. I have one of those timer analog watches like this: https://smile.amazon.com/Toptiertimer-Custom-LSAT-Approved-Watch/dp/B00T6Y5TOS/ , and so did one other test taker. They noticed her watch and confiscated it, but didn't look at mine so I was able to use it during the test (didn't help me though - I forgot to check during the only section I regularly run out of time on and ended up not answering ANY of the questions for the last logic game!).

Facilities: Holland Hall Testing Center

What kind of room: Classroom

How many in the room: 25-30

Desks: Desks were long tables with the attached swivel chairs. We were seated with one seat between us, so there was plenty of room to spread out the booklet and answer sheet. Perfect for taking the LSAT!

Left-handed accommodation: Yes, since they're just chairs and tables.

Noise levels: Noise level was quiet. There were no disruptions during the test.

Parking: Parking was ample and free behind the building.

Time elapsed from arrival to test: I'm not really sure! The clock in the room was not working, so I'm not sure what time we started. I do know that we got out about 15 minutes before 2, so all in all it took more than 5 hours.

Irregularities or mishaps: None

Would you take the test here again: Yes, absolutely! I took the LSAT at Vanderbilt before and we had tiny tablet desks which were just a nightmare. I was really happy that TSU had actual tables so if I take again in February it will definitely be at TSU!

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@plspeer I’m a graduate of TSU and I took the LSAT on campus years ago and it was not in Holland Hall. I’m not sure if they change locations periodically or if they’ve permanently changed it to Holland Hall but I took it in Boswell, the math building just across the street, and it has the traditional desks with the swivel tops. The seats are cushioned so that helps but lots of ppl hate those desks. We also skipped seats so i didn’t have an issue. Just something to think about. Maybe you can call to confirm if you register for February.