Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strange situation regarding current address

Hi there,
This would be a miscellaneous question! So I am applying right now and in the first week of January but I will be moving out of my place to another place till mid February or so, and then I intend on moving once again, to yet another address, this time in a completely different state. What should I do in terms of putting my "current address" in the applications or in my resume and the like? Should I go ahead and just put my current address or should I put the future one? The final address would be able to receive any and all letters if it need be. I am thinking it might not matter at all since everything is done electronically these days and I feel compelled to just put my future address but I don't want to "lie" on my application
any thoughts are welcomed
Thanks!

Comments

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

You will see on the applications it asks for current address, and permanent address, and for how long each is good. They also ask to where do you want mail sent. Which is your state of residency, etc.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Maybe also keep a note in your planner/calendar with the addresses and dates so you have the info later, for example in three years or something.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I have a sort of similar question. I know that I’m moving March 1 but I don’t know where I’ll be moving to. (In town, but don’t have an address or anything.) I’ve been putting in my current addresss and can say what date it is good through, but will schools be confused or have problems with me saying my address is only good through February? I feel like it’s an odd response but I don’t know how else to handle it...

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

If you move, you should also have your mail forwarded in case the school mistakenly sends more mail to the old address
    https://www.usps.com/manage/forward.htm

• mmbarros.brmmbarros.br Member
    33 karma

thank you so much for all of the info. It is kinda confusing, and I agree that I should always forward it but just in case that I get some correspondence after the 30 or 60 days that forwarding is allowed. I didn't realize that there is a permanent resident section. I will just input something that is perhaps less transient but that I might not be living there (like in-laws or parents). @"Leah M B" yeah I am not sure what to say. I don't know if your case then warrants an email be sent to the admission's office explaining the situation and asking for further guidance?