Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How about you?

I am entirely uncertain on how I did for Dec test. This is my first time taking the test. I studied intensely for months.

LR (25) - RC - LR (25) - LR (26) - LG

1st LR - took longer than normal to get through. Guessed on about 4 answers. Panicked a bit which did not help.
RC - weakest section. Guesses on Chinese prompt. Thought Social Darwinism prompt was confusing
2nd LR - blew through that section. No problem
3rd LR - did not think it was too tough. Took a bit longer than 2nd LR.
LG - what the actual eff was that last game? The second game took me 15 minutes. I answered the first game in 5 minutes - moved really quickly, didn't check. I am so uncertain. Normally I max at -2 on games. I have NO idea on this section.

I feel manic about this LSAT. On one hand, everything could have been fine. Yeah, I guessed on about 8 questions, but those are the areas I tested weakly on in PT. On the other hand, everything went horrible. I messed up every section and hope for a 154 in my wildest dreams.

HELP! Does anyone else feel like this?

Comments

  • goingfor99thgoingfor99th Member
    edited December 2017 3072 karma

    If you had to guess what your LR scores will be, what would your guess be?

    -2 LG typically but you have no idea how you felt? I'm not sure what to make of that. Sounds like test anxiety.

    With that said, it's hard to pinpoint a score for someone PTing in the 150s based on their recall of the official test, imo. I would need numbers for the LRs to give it a shot.

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2017 23929 karma

    @ekdonachie said:
    I am entirely uncertain on how I did for Dec test. This is my first time taking the test. I studied intensely for months.

    LR (25) - RC - LR (25) - LR (26) - LG

    1st LR - took longer than normal to get through. Guessed on about 4 answers. Panicked a bit which did not help.
    RC - weakest section. Guesses on Chinese prompt. Thought Social Darwinism prompt was confusing
    2nd LR - blew through that section. No problem
    3rd LR - did not think it was too tough. Took a bit longer than 2nd LR.
    LG - what the actual eff was that last game? The second game took me 15 minutes. I answered the first game in 5 minutes - moved really quickly, didn't check. I am so uncertain. Normally I max at -2 on games. I have NO idea on this section.

    I feel manic about this LSAT. On one hand, everything could have been fine. Yeah, I guessed on about 8 questions, but those are the areas I tested weakly on in PT. On the other hand, everything went horrible. I messed up every section and hope for a 154 in my wildest dreams.

    HELP! Does anyone else feel like this?

    I didn't take the December exam, but many people I've come to know on here and other law school forums all basically agreed it was a very standard feeling test. I would guess you probably scored right in your average range. From your description, I wouldn't worry too much about having messed up everything, since it doesn't seem like that was the case at all. If anything, it sounds like you did pretty well on both LR sections, and weakest on your weakest section, RC. So long as LG went decently, it seems like you can expect a score you'd be used to seeing on PTs.

    Don't let it drive you crazy though. Neither you nor anyone else can divine your score, so just hang tight and stay positive.

  • ekdonachieekdonachie Member
    48 karma

    @goingfor99th

    LR 1: - 8 (ran out of time. guessed on last 4 questions. I consistently messed up last few questions on PT)
    LR 2: -6 (felt consistent with PT)
    LR 3: -6 (felt consistent with PT).

    RC - took my time on passages 2, 3, and 4 to ensure I would get those questions right. did not get to passage 1. This is a wildcard, but I did not practice great on RC.

    LG - Max of -2 on all practices. I struggled with time on this section during real thing.

    I scored in the 162-164 range on PT leading up to the test.

  • goingfor99thgoingfor99th Member
    3072 karma

    @ekdonachie said:
    @goingfor99th

    LR 1: - 8 (ran out of time. guessed on last 4 questions. I consistently messed up last few questions on PT)
    LR 2: -6 (felt consistent with PT)
    LR 3: -6 (felt consistent with PT).

    RC - took my time on passages 2, 3, and 4 to ensure I would get those questions right. did not get to passage 1. This is a wildcard, but I did not practice great on RC.

    LG - Max of -2 on all practices. I struggled with time on this section during real thing.

    I scored in the 162-164 range on PT leading up to the test.

    Hmm, and you aren't expecting even a 154? Was that a typo in your last post?

  • ekdonachieekdonachie Member
    48 karma

    @goingfor99th

    A 154 meaning that is the best I could hope for if my test was a disaster.

    My target score is 160.

  • goingfor99thgoingfor99th Member
    3072 karma

    @ekdonachie said:
    @goingfor99th

    A 154 meaning that is the best I could hope for if my test was a disaster.

    My target score is 160.

    Ohh, I see. It sounds like you will be okay, honestly.

  • ekdonachieekdonachie Member
    48 karma

    @goingfor99th Thank you for the support! Good luck on apps! Although it sounds like you are slaying the LSAT game.

  • goingfor99thgoingfor99th Member
    3072 karma

    @ekdonachie said:
    @goingfor99th Thank you for the support! Good luck on apps! Although it sounds like you are slaying the LSAT game.

    Haha, haven't heard that before but thank you! Best of luck to you too. :)

Sign In or Register to comment.