Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Caught myself Daydreaming on last few PTs

Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
edited September 2014 in September 2014 LSAT 1049 karma
I caught myself daydreaming a bit on my last few PTs. And I barely finished on time.

I know daydreaming sounds crazy because time is so precious, but imagine part of it is because my mind wanted a break - given that we must stay so mentally focused at an intense level throughout a long test.

Does anyone have tips for keeping mentally alert throughout the exam?

I have some ideas:

1. Awareness - if I catch it happening, I can remind myself to stay on task - I can daydream after the test ;-)
2. Maybe on test day the pressure will keep me moving quickly.
3. Use the desire to daydream as a signal for a mental break - so take a few seconds to do less mentally taxing tasks ie bubble in answers (I bubble in parts), or look over for any mistakes.
4. If I catch myself daydreaming, look ahead a few pages to remind myself that I have lots to do - and some of the later stuff is probably harder, so more incentive to move my ass and stay focused.

Any other ideas?

Comments

• cmb_1992cmb_1992 Alum Member
    48 karma
    A lot of things that I've seen on LSAT forums and such address this sort of thing. More often than not, the suggestion is to meditate regularly. I haven't tried it, but I think I might start. Idk if you're taking the test tomorrow or not, but if not, then you have time to really get in to a regular schedule of meditating.