Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Applying before Dec Score

Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
in General 206 karma

I want to apply now, but I don’t have my December scores yet. Do I have to call each school individually and tell them to hold off until my December scores are available? And do they automatically get the scores once LSAC releases them ?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Maximus4 said:
    I want to apply now, but I don’t have my December scores yet. Do I have to call each school individually and tell them to hold off until my December scores are available? And do they automatically get the scores once LSAC releases them ?

If you don't already have an LSAT score on record, you don't need to call/email them. If you already have a score on record, it's safer to call and make sure to tell them to wait for your December score.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    edited December 2017 3788 karma

By default, most schools tend to hold your application to review when your December LSAT posts, even if you have a previous score on file. Like @"Alex Divine" mentioned, I would still call/email schools to check to to see if they will wait for your score.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@Maximus4 said:

Some schools (e.g., Georgeown) give you the option of placing a hold for a future test result in the application itself. Other schools (e.g., Penn) ask that you attach an addendum or e-mail admissions to request a hold.