Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I just hop in or not??

Kat.CaldwellKat.Caldwell Free Trial Member

Soooo I have recently decided that I absolutely would like to excel my career options and attend law school. I work FT right now as a Deputy. The next test is in February. Anybody think it’s possible for me to take the Feb test or wait alllll the way until June. I held a 3.76 GPA in undergrad. One of the law schools here in Dallas TX does not have a min LSAT score. Should i just go for it and go ahead and start this long journey or wait?????

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Kat.Caldwell" said:
    Soooo I have recently decided that I absolutely would like to excel my career options and attend law school. I work FT right now as a Deputy. The next test is in February. Anybody think it’s possible for me to take the Feb test or wait alllll the way until June. I held a 3.76 GPA in undergrad. One of the law schools here in Dallas TX does not have a min LSAT score. Should i just go for it and go ahead and start this long journey or wait?????

I'm going to highly recommend that you wait until you have enough time to study. The industry minimum is around 4-6 months, and even that isn't enough for most people to reach their potential.

The LSAT will be the most important part of your application along with your GPA you worked 4 hard years to earn. With a high enough LSAT, you have a shot at any school you want! Don't attend a law school just because they don't have a minimum LSAT score. Especially not with such a good GPA. Besides, law school will be there when you're ready -- no need to rush!

What you can do now is take a free practice LSAT and see how you do: https://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source/jd-docs/sampleptjune.pdf

What type of law are you interested in?
    Do you plan on staying in Texas for law school?

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Don't do it!

• Kat.CaldwellKat.Caldwell Free Trial Member
    5 karma

Thanks so much for your input. I really feel like I need to tackle this before i lose motivation. I am a new first time mom and have had some trouble reaching for that next step and now i think law school is IT. I’m anxious to get in there. I will take your advice though. I was shooting for Criminal law since I’m a tad bit affiliated with the life. I do the dirty work with making the arrest. Now, i would like to make charges stick. I will most definitely be staying in Dallas, Tx