Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do I do now with a lower LSAT Score?

aau005aau005 Free Trial Member

I scored a 156 on December's LSAT and a 158 on Septembers... I dropped 2 points. I thought I would increase because after Septembers LSAT, I studied so hard and with new material. I was scoring 164+ (highest 172) on practice tests.... I feel hopeless and I don't know what to do.

Do I need to / Should I write an addendum to my schools about my lower score? I didn't have any unnatural circumstances to occur to me. I just underperformed, and i know in my heart that my scores do not represent my ability to succeed in law school.

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4428 karma

They probably don't care that you scored two points lower(within the margin of error) so an addendum isn't needed.

What does matter is that you don't have the higher score yet. A 164 is a big difference and a 172 a way bigger difference. If you know the score doesn't represent your ability, then you need to retake and get a score that does represent your ability. Settling for the schools, employment outcomes, and scholarship opportunities available with a 158 is a bad idea if you can go score a 164 or a 172! That means you need to reatake and you need to study again for the retake.

Either send those schools a beautiful February score in a few months or wait and apply next cycle.

Good luck!