Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delaying a cycle...CAS questions?

LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
edited December 2017 in General 218 karma

I was hopeful that I could apply this cycle and most of my recommenders have already uploaded my recs to my file, unfortunately that won't be the case. Does CAS save my transcripts & LORs so I can reuse next cycle? Or will I have to repurchase it and ask them to upload everything again next year? Also some recommenders haven't uploaded yet, do I ask them to wait for next year?

Thank you!

Comments

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

CAS doesn't expire for 5 years, and if you've paid LSAC for something, a test registration for example, it extends your expiry date. So you don't need to worry about losing your transcripts and letters. Whether you ask your recommenders upload now or later is up to you. If you'd rather have them finish the letter now, do it. If you'd rather wait until you're applying so you can inform them of any new things that have happened, wait. Some professors prefer writing the letter when you're actually applying though, so maybe double check that.

• LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
    218 karma

@dml277 said:
    CAS doesn't expire for 5 years, and if you've paid LSAC for something, a test registration for example, it extends your expiry date. So you don't need to worry about losing your transcripts and letters. Whether you ask your recommenders upload now or later is up to you. If you'd rather have them finish the letter now, do it. If you'd rather wait until you're applying so you can inform them of any new things that have happened, wait. Some professors prefer writing the letter when you're actually applying though, so maybe double check that.

Thank god! Do law schools see that the recs were written a year ago/care about it? Thank you!

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

@LauraC829 said:

@dml277 said:

Thank god! Do law schools see that the recs were written a year ago/care about it? Thank you!

I'm not sure if law schools can see when the letters are submitted, but from what I've gathered so far from my research, it doesn't really matter that much. Don't worry :)

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

I'm pretty sure schools can see when LORs were submitted.

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    640 karma

Thank you for the question and answers. Could I ask more about CAS?
    If i apply for CAS before graduating and i need to update some grades that I obtain later, does CAS update it for free as long as it is within 5 years?

Thank u!!!