Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC undergraduate GPA

How does the LSAC determine undergraduate GPA? I had attended multiple schools from the same system during my undergraduate and have varying GPAs from each. If the LSAC deferred to the GPA of our graduating institution that would be great ?

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

They will count every single class/credit you have taken at each school before getting your first bachelors degree.

I was one of the lucky ones where my LSAC GPA is much higher than my degree-granting school's GPA since I went to diff school before that. haha.

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

Yup, they count everything, from dual-enrollment classes to retakes. Unfortunately, some people get a nasty surprise when they see their LSAC GPA

4196 karma

@kimmy_m66 said:
    Yup, they count everything, from dual-enrollment classes to retakes. Unfortunately, some people get a nasty surprise when they see their LSAC GPA

yeah! I knew someone who went from a 3.9 to a 3.2 LSAC GPA. sucks for some!! :(

• ColleenieMartiniColleenieMartini Alum Member
    11 karma

@TheMikey said:
    They will count every single class/credit you have taken at each school before getting your first bachelors degree.

I was one of the lucky ones where my LSAC GPA is much higher than my degree-granting school's GPA since I went to diff school before that. haha.

I just found the LSAC gpa calculator from 7Sage and I think I may have lucked out!! My degree granting institution treats A+ and A as the same 4.0 grade, however LSAC treats A+ as 4.33! ?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited December 2017 13286 karma

@ColleenieMartini said:

@TheMikey said:

I just found the LSAC gpa calculator from 7Sage and I think I may have lucked out!! My degree granting institution treats A+ and A as the same 4.0 grade, however LSAC treats A+ as 4.33! ?

Yep! It’s actually really annoying. My college only gives A’s and A- but not A+. My gpa would have been boosted a decent bit if I were allowed to get an A+ lol

4196 karma

@ColleenieMartini said:

@TheMikey said:

yeah, A+'s are 4.3's. I'm fortunate in that I had a few lol

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

It's different from how a university tends to figure it from stuff like reporting numbers for law school applicants (or probable applicants) at that university.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

You should use the 7Sage CAS GPA calculator. Under the "7Sage lsat" header, go to "Admissions," then go to "Resources" and find the calculator there.

Use the grades that are recorded on your transcripts (even if you got an A+ but your school reports only A's, just report an A). That will give you your LSAC GPA.

You can fiddle with it to figure out how your fall semester grades impact your GPA.

Hope this helps!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@ColleenieMartini said:

@TheMikey said:

Yep! It’s actually really annoying. My college only gives A’s and A- but not A+. My gpa would have been boosted a decent bit if I were allowed to get an A+ lol

Yes, have I ranted about this lately? Ugh. LSAC should convert to true 4.0, not 4.33! ::grumble grumble grumble::

(But also I have 1 A+ from my freshman year school that allows them so I’ll take it, ha)