Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re-Applying to a Rejected School

carlyeketch14carlyeketch14 Alum Member
edited January 2018 in Law School Admissions 8 karma

I am looking for tips on re-applying to the same school I applied to last year but got rejected. I took the LSAT and improved my score by 5 points. Should I submit the same personal statement as previous time? Fix the same one? or Submit a brand new personal statement? Or should I just submit an addendum explaining how I increased my LSAT score and leave the personal statement same as the previous time I applied. Also, should I submit the same LOR’s or get new ones? Thanks for any and all tips!

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

My answer is independent on whether or not your LSAT score improved.
    If you have an average or mediocre personal statement (PS), don't resubmit it. If you didn't have your PS reviewed by others the first time around, then you should do that now.

If you have average or mediocre letter of recommendations, and could potentially get improved ones then do it.

I don't think you need an addendum for the LSAT improvement unless the school requests it.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

Call the school and ask. Some want to know what you did during the year off.

They will compare the two applications in almost all cases, so be aware of that.