Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It has been a while....motivation time!

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
edited January 2018 in General 13286 karma

Hey! So it has been a while since I've posted a motivation post for everyone. I've been caught up in getting my applications ready to submit (I think this part might be harder than the LSAT!)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f2/c9/2b/f2c92bb28de145de3f4157fbb1a44cb3--skinny-quotes-infinity-quotes.jpg

Don't settle! You know what you are capable of and where you want to be, so don't stop until you get there. The LSAT has this strange ability to make it feel like you are just spinning your wheels in the mud. It feels like you are stuck at a plateau and that no matter how much work you put in you just can't improve. In fact, I would say the LSAT excels at making people feel like this.

Guess what, you are improving. Even if that score doesn't budge for a month, you are still honing your skills and improving on the test. Understanding is only half the battle on the LSAT, speed and accuracy is the rest. I learned the hard way that using your score as a metric to judge your progress will only lead to unbridled frustration. Don't do that! Instead of focusing on the macro of your score, focus on the micro of beating a difficult problem. Get yourself excited when you spot one of the LSAT's tricks, laugh at the test when you see it trying to beat you. Slowly over time these mini successes will accumulate, and that is when you will notice you are beginning to improve on speed and accuracy. You'll notice yourself finishing sections on time or even early. You'll have the new tool of having an extra couple of minutes to review the harder questions. You'll start seeing your score climb. It will be consistent.

You'll look back at all those moments you felt like you were not improving and realize that those were the moments you were improving the most. Those were the moments you were gaining an understanding of the test you did not have before. Those were the moments where you could of given up, but you didn't. You'll look back with a score you are proud of.

So don't settle. You are fully capable of beating the LSAT. I'd like to think that the LSATcantwin! :)

-Glen

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

:]

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I need these emailed to me daily. Getting motivated is like showering; you should do it everyday!

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Needed this. Thanks, brother!

PS you should change your username to LSATDIDNTwin :wink: :wink:

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

Love it! Thanks for the motivation!!!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@Freddy_D said:

Haha I was thinking about it, but what if people don't know it's me anymore! lol

@"Alex Divine" Motivation is like coffee, it kick starts your day! It is also easy to crash without it lol

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@Freddy_D said:

Haha I was thinking about it, but what if people don't know it's me anymore! lol

@"Alex Divine" Motivation is like coffee, it kick starts your day! It is also easy to crash without it lol

I know you started a thread about whether or not you should change your name! lol (where is that thread!?)

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@akistotle said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@Freddy_D said:

I know you started a thread about whether or not you should change your name! lol (where is that thread!?)

People were voting for the “you are a loser option” and then I felt bad and deleted it hahaha

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@akistotle said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@Freddy_D said:

People were voting for the “you are a loser option” and then I felt bad and deleted it hahaha

Hahahahha omg. I didn't see the post but this got me.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Don’t ever leave! I need your motivational posts until I get into law school!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@akistotle said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@Freddy_D said:

Hahahahha omg. I didn't see the post but this got me.

Hahaha!

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Definitely needed this today!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Your motivational posts are always when I need it. You rock!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Thank you : )... always need an uplifting post - specially now when its looking like I won't be taking the Feb LSAT. Another $180 down the drain, ugh.