Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FoolProofing help needed

CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
in General 1270 karma

Is there a minimum amount of sections needed to “foolproof?” My type A is kicking in and I’m considerig fullproofing 50 plus logic sections. But is that much “needed?” I know obviously the more the better but I need to balance the other sections in time for the feb 10 test. Are there particular games, like pt 1-35 that are best to foolproof? Lastly, what is he Pacifico method? Thanks a lot. I feel lost with this ☹️

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Feb2018Taker said:
    Is there a minimum amount of sections needed to “foolproof?” My type A is kicking in and I’m considerig fullproofing 50 plus logic sections. But is that much “needed?” I know obviously the more the better but I need to balance the other sections in time for the feb 10 test. Are there particular games, like pt 1-35 that are best to foolproof? Lastly, what is he Pacifico method? Thanks a lot. I feel lost with this ☹️

Here's the "Pacifico" method: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

There's no set amount of games you should fool proof. It's really a never ending process since you should fool proof the bundle + every game from every PT you take.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@Feb2018Taker said:

People foolproof 1-35 because those are the same section the core curriculum pulls from. By foolproofing these games first, the rest can be left for clean Practice Tests (PTs). PTs wouldn't work very well as a diagnostic of where you were at if you had already done the games.

After you have done some PTs you can definitely start adding the games from them into your list of games to foolproofing, but it isn't a good idea to waste the newest tests on foolprroofing before using them as PTs too.

Alex posted the link, but the Pacifico Method is just an abbreviated foolproofing method. You use 4 copies instead of 10. It works on the same premise as normal foolproofing, but for people who feel like they don't need quite as many copies. I'd recommend doing some games with the full foolproofing method and then abbreviating to the Pacifico Attack Strategy if you feel like you don't need 10 copies of each game.

Finally, 35 sections is 140 games. Even with the Pacifico abbreviated 4 copy method that is still 560 unique game attempts and a minimum of 140 video explanations watched. So I wouldn't count on doing more than that and maintaining balance with other sections before the February test.

Good luck on however many you decide to do though!