Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law School Tours

JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member

I'm planning on visiting Georgetown next week. There is no tour/info session so I can only take a self-guided tour. Has anyone ever done a self-guided tour? Is it still a valuable way to learn about a school?

Comments

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

Never have had a self-guided tour, but I have toured a couple of schools. You probably won't be able to sit-in on a class (though that may be something separate you register for), and you may not be able to meet with any professors or administration people there which do come in handy if you're looking to get a feel for the school.

Again, not sure of how your tour is set up but this is just from my limited experience. But any information gained, guided tour or not, is information you didn't have to begin so in my opinion its worth going still. Hope this helps! Good luck!

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

@Emily2122 I think it is!

I'll be visiting Georgetown too but I'll be there during one of their tour times.

I think something you could also do is just explore the area around Georgetown, maybe even look at a couple apartment complexes. See if you could see yourself living there for the next 3 years!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I think it's useful! I've self toured NYU, Columbia and Fordham. I feel like it gave me a good sense of the campus life and will give me some specifics to write about in my Why X essays.