Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Am I doing something wrong? - 7Sage Forum

Am I doing something wrong?

justinleex3justinleex3 Alum Member
in General 16 karma

Went theough the LSAT course, took a preptest yesterday, and only scoring a 135. I felt confident in every section aside from logic games, but turns out I got everything wrong. Should i just go through the course from start to finish again? I was supposed to take the feb. lsat but I think i’ll be pushing it back to june.

Comments

• kshutes13kshutes13 Member
    edited January 2018 634 karma

Good idea on pushing the test date back to June. Let's start from the beginning though: how did you go through the LSAT course? What was your method?

Did you just briefly go through each lesson and then move on? Or, did you absorb each lesson, re-write everything (or take notes), do tons of practice drills related to that lesson, fool proof LG, and only move on once you felt like you had memorized everything, learned everything from that lesson and gotten 4/5 or 5/5 on practice sets? If you did the former, you likely need to do the latter.

I've been studying for 5 months and I've noticed that everything builds off each other. You cannot understand certain things later in the CC without the basic foundations from earlier in the CC. If you haven't properly gone through the CC, and I mean really gone through it, you will likely have difficulty with starting out on PTs.

After you received your score, did you 1) do untimed blind review and 2) go back through every question after the fact and see where you went wrong? I.e. watch every single one of JY's explanation videos for each question you got wrong? If you felt quite confident in the exam, there is a discrepancy between what you feel is undoubtedly correct and what is actually correct. If you were unsure throughout the exam, that's a different story. However, the fact that you felt confident says that you need to go back and figure out your reasoning for each question, and how that reasoning needs to be changed.

If you can pick the correct answer during blind review or successfully work through the reasoning of the correct choice (i.e. "Ohhh of course that's the right answer, now I feel dumb"), then perhaps your improvement lies more in drilling and practice.

However, if you get it wrong again on blind review, or you see the answer but don't understand why or how the LSAT came to that conclusion, then your improvement likely lies in redoing CC or revisiting key aspects of the CC.

On that note, also check on the questions you got right - why did you get them right? Maybe take the questions you were confident in and got right, and try to hone those reasonings for other questions.

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

Curious if this was your first PT post CC. Did you take a diagnostic? If so, any change? Have you done any drills for LG and/or any foolproofing?